Several years have passed since Courtney found out about her destiny. And even though many already know that she has become a superhero who wields the Cosmic Staff, new villains begin to arrive from all over the world. Their mission is to destroy an arrogant schoolgirl and her loyal friends who can help her keep the world safe…
“Stargirl ss 4”: release date, announcement
It is known that the fantasy TV show “Stargirl” is not planned to be canceled after the season 3. At present, it is not known whether the filming of the new episodes will begin or the date of their premiere. But film critics are sure that the release of the season 4 will take place no earlier than August 2023.
Recall that the season 3 of the TV series “Stargirl” was released on The CW on August 31, 2022 and immediately scored a rating of 7.2 points, while breaking the record of the season 2.
As a young man, Pat Dugan worked under his friend Starman, a popular planetary defender. Starman died in front of Pat, leaving his eminent Cosmic Staff to a comrade. Ten years later, Pat starts a family and only occasionally remembers the existence of Staff. He should light up when a worthy superhero appears nearby. But time passed, and the Staff was stubbornly silent…
Pat’s chosen one was Barbara, whose daughter Courtney reacted very negatively to the news of her mother’s upcoming marriage and move. Unable to come to terms with reality, Courtney throws sharp ridicule at Pat, but the situation soon changes. While sorting things out, the girl finds a glowing Staff in the basement, and she has questions.
Very soon, Courtney will realize that this is an inspired subject. It has a special magic, helping the girl to quickly master everything that he can do. Later, a surprised Pat finds out about this, who will have to reveal the unpleasant truth to the family. In fact, his deceased friend Starman is Courtney’s father. The girl adopted the best qualities of a parent, and now she was preparing to become a full-fledged superhero.
In the new city, Courtney finds like-minded people who, like her, can use magical powers. This allows them to patrol the city in the hope that they can defeat the enemies. By the beginning of the season 2, it seemed that everything was calm, but it was only an appearance — in reality, the guys were waiting for old enemies, for whom the recent misses turned out to be just a small mistake.
They had to throw all their strength again to protect civilians. Dozens of people became victims, but the superhero team again managed to repel the attack. This is how Stargirl’s whole life goes, but how can she do it differently? For her, one day without surprises is equal to torment — she is ready for new battles, but does she realize how much her friends are in danger?..
Actors and their roles
- Pat Dugan — Starman’s assistant in the past, now happily married to his ex-wife Barbara; he learned only after marriage that she had previously been the wife of his friend; helps Courtney in her endeavors, often following her adventures as Pat worries that she might end her life just like her father — Luke Wilson.
- Courtney — a charming schoolgirl with a daring character; disliked her stepfather, who later became her best friend; owns superpowers and the Cosmic Staff; is ready to give up everyday life in order to save people and protect the city from criminals, but her parents insist on finishing her studies, because no one pays superheroes — Brec Bassinger.
- Barbara — Courtney’s caring mother; she worked all the time, but with the appearance of Pat, she was able to breathe a sigh of relief; was glad to move; loves her current husband; Barbara reluctantly recalls her ex-husband, because she is sure that he left their daughter; often takes Pat’s side if Courtney starts new arguments — Amy Smart.
- In 2021, the TV show was nominated three times for the Saturn Film Awards. Two of them “Best Superhero Television Series” and “Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series” (Luke Wilson) failed to win, but Brec Bassinger won in the nomination “Best Young Actor/Actress in a Television Series”.
- From an early age, Brec Bassinger has read comics and considers Wonder Woman to be her idol. Having learned about the casting, which considered applicants for the role of Stargirl, Brec decided to take part without preparation — a week after the audition, the girl received a positive response from the producers. So she became part of the DC superhero team.
Stargirl Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|