The series “Station 11” tells about the events before and after the virus, bringing the viewer back to the moment when it is necessary to show the backstory of the hero. Little Kirsten was lucky to stay alive, as she came to a reliable person. 20 years later, traveling with comrades in a destroyed country, she meets a man who calls himself The Prophet…
“Resident Alien ss 2”: release date, announcement
While developing the book of the same name, writer Emily St. John Mandel did not think about the next release and therefore the post-apocalyptic picture “Station Eleven” may not receive a sequel. The TV series was released as limited, but in the world of cinema there are cases when, after the adaptation of books, the plots for the new seasons were already written by the scriptwriters. Therefore, theoretically, a season 2 is possible, but this has not yet been officially announced.
Since childhood, Jeevan suffered from panic attacks, which he could not get rid of even at a conscious age. Once he and his girlfriend went to the theater, where during a Shakespeare play, the main character began to behave strangely. Sensing something was wrong, Jeevan suspected that the actor might have a heart attack and decided to act.
Without waiting for help and not paying attention to the prohibitions from the girl, Jeevan rushes to the man, but does not have time. The people around are shocked, the performance ends ahead of time, and Jeevan notices how confused the girl is, waiting behind the scenes for her to appear on the stage. Unable to find her relatives, he decides to take the child home.
On the way, he receives a phone call from his sister, who is a physician at the city hospital. The woman begs Jeevan to go to their brother and in no case leave the apartment, as there is a terrible flu epidemic in the city. People are dying, and she herself feels that she does not have much time left — coughing fits are already interfering with her work.
Jeevan becomes ill, a panic attack overwhelms him, but responsibility for Kirsten helps him pull himself together, shop at a nearby supermarket and go to a safe place. On the way, they meet a man dying in the car. The previously hesitant Kirsten is starting to believe Jeevan more and more…
20 years later, viewers see the matured girl traveling the world with a Shakespearean troupe that calls itself the “Traveling Symphony”. One day they come to a town dominated by the self-proclaimed Prophet. Kirsten does not immediately understand what danger threatens her and her friends, but very soon she learns what a new acquaintance is like…
Actors and their roles
- Jeevan — Indian American; often borrows money from relatives; witnessed the death of a local actor; after the news of the flu, he hid with his brother, taking with him 3 carts with food and the girl Kirsten; prone to panic — Himesh Patel.
- Kirsten — played in the city theater; the closest person for her was the deceased actor, later she went for a new friend, with whom she sat at home for a long time, but was forced to leave; 20 years later, she played in a group that traveled around the country; caught in the network of a dangerous person and is trying to extricate herself — Matilda Lawler / Mackenzie Davis.
- The film’s directors Jeremy Podeswa and Helen Shaver have already dealt with post-apocalyptic projects, as they worked on the series “The Handmaid’s Tale“, “The Land Before Time”. Podeswa’s career took off after working on the “Game of Thrones” TV series. The main director of the project was Hiro Murai, who eventually took over as a producer.
- The creator of the TV show is Patrick Somerville, known for the projects “24: Live Another Day”, “Made for Love”, “The Leftovers”, “Maniac”, ” The Bridge “.
- Choosing an actor for the role of Jeevan, there was no doubt that Himesh Patel, who recently starred in the film “The Aeronauts”, would be the best choice. As a result, he was the first of the approved actors. Also, Mackenzie Davis and David Wilmot got into the project almost immediately.
- On account of the young Matilda Lawler, there are already 5 TV series. The girl prefers the horror genre, but in 2020 the adventure comedy “Flora & Ulysses” was released, in which she played the main role. The best project with her participation is the series “Evil“, released in 2020.
- The prose writer Emily St. John Mandel took almost no part in the season 1 release conferences. A woman does not consider herself a public person, so she rarely attends such events. It is known that Mandel has no plans to write a sequel to the “Station Eleven” story.
Station Eleven Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|