In a small town, Dex lives with his brother Ansel. The guy suffers from Down syndrome, but he has already adapted to such a life. Since Dex is forced to independently earn money for a living, she uses her military skills acquired in Afghanistan. But her life is not as sweet as it might seem at first glance…
When will the “Stumptown Season 2” TV series come out?
In May 2021, the producers of the TV series “Stumptown” officially announced that they will begin work on the 2nd season. However, due to the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the project leaders realized that they would not be able to launch the new season on time, and they decided to cancel the TV show. Despite this, the producers are considering the option of returning the main characters to the screens. Whether new episodes will be filmed in 2022 remains unknown.
Dex was repeatedly called up to serve in dangerous places, but the next of her trips did not end well for her lover. His life was cut short in an instant. And even if at that moment there was a difficult relationship between them, the memory of him has not subsided in Dex’s heart until now. Years later, she recalls him with quiet sadness and keeps general photographs.
During her college years, Dex met this man, but then his tyrant mother Sue Lynn decided to embroil her lovers. She succeeded, and the son married another woman who gave birth to his daughter. Despite all the suffering, Dex was able to forgive and practically accept him, but did not have time. The last seconds of the life of a loved one passed in a blown up military vehicle.
Already in adulthood, Dex maintained a peculiar relationship with his mother, as she often lingered in her casino. Sue Lynn loaned money, helped her find a job, and even repented of not letting her son marry Dex at the time. But you will not return the past – now the main property of an elderly woman is her only granddaughter – Nina.
The character of the main character is revealed when Nina disappears. Sue Lynn decided to pay Dex to find her granddaughter. Without thinking twice, Dex goes in search, and within a day he finds a girl. However, she is not interested in money, since a woman puts the welfare of a child in the first place. Thanks to this case, Dex meets with detective Miles Hoffman.
Chases, shootings, squabbles with bandits and minor troubles – this is a daily set of difficulties that brave warriors have to face. She does not want to find a normal job for herself – she is quite satisfied with similar orders relating to the search for people. Very soon, Dex finds work to his liking and the world for her immediately begins to play with other colors …
Actors and their roles
- Dexadrine “Dex” Parios – served in Afghanistan, where she lost a loved one, later fulfilled dubious orders discrediting her reputation; communicates with her brother and best friend Grey; has a sexual relationship with Miles Hoffman, while not wanting to get anything serious; drinks a lot, trying to get out of poverty – Cobie Smulders.
- Ansel Parios – Dex’s brother, has Down Syndrome; helps Grey in a bar, is well-versed in society, adores his sister; starts to stutter when worried; dreams that one day he and her sister will get rich and constantly ask her about finances – Cole Sibus.
- Greyson “Grey” McConnell – Dex and Ansel’s best friend; often spends time with Ansel, helps Dex deal with him; helps her out of difficult situations, but often turns out to be wrong, expressing her personal opinion; Gray owns a bar in which most of the drink flows into Dex – Jake Johnson.
- Miles Hoffman – local police detective; met Dex investigating the disappearance of Nina; on Dex’s initiative, he had physical contact with her, but the girl refuses to let the detective closer; Miles is confident, but calm and prudent – Michael Ealy.
- Initially, it was planned to take the less famous actress in place of the main character than Cobie Smulders, who is associated with the audience with Robin from the sitcom “How I Met Your Mother”. Moreover, at the time of the filming process, Cobie was busy in the project from the film company MARVEL. The actress herself asked for the main role, and after the casting, the directors no longer wanted to see other applicants.
- Cole Sibus does have Down Syndrome, but is very good at owning his own body. He is fully prepared for society and is no different from professional actors. His character has its own characteristics, but they did not affect the filming process.
- Michael Ealy initially claimed a less significant role, but after the casting, the directors consulted and decided to give him the place of detective Hoffman, which at that time was considered vacant. Michael was once such a turn of events, as well as playing paired with Cobie Smulders.
- The script was created by a group of professionals, including Matt Olmstead (“Prison Break”, “Chicago P.D.”), Greg Rook (“Young Justice”, “Whiteout”, “Batman: Gotham Knight”) and Mike Weiss (“Chicago P.D.”, “Code Black“).
Stumptown Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|