Every nation, every village has always had its own legends, which were not always believed in. The anime “Summer Time Rendering” told viewers about a beautiful island with only 700 inhabitants, where the legend turned out to be true. Missing people, shadows that took their bodies and fates, mysterious murders… What happened on the island?..
Season 1 premiered on April 15, 2022 (25 episodes).
Age limit: 16+.
“Summer Time Rendering ss 2”: release date, announcement
At the moment, there is no information that Season 2 of the anime “Summer Time Rendering” is in development. Despite the success of the season 1, its creators are in no hurry to get back to work. It’s possible that material is being prepared for an adaptation, but it could also be that the production process for the new episodes is being kept under wraps for now. We continue to follow the news.
Shinpei has not been to his home island for 2 years. The reason for his return turned out to be very sad: his friend Ushio died. Her younger sister Mio is very upset by the loss. Upon meeting Shinpei, the girl shared some of her observations and also recalled the legend told by her grandmother many years ago.
Legend has it that there is a shadow disease on the island that does not bode well. Man ceases to see his own shadow. Later, those who met this and watched it from the sidelines inevitably died, moreover, at the hands of the shadow itself. Then it took the place of the “owner”, its goal was to destroy all the people in his house.
Several people knew that Ushio did not die due to an accident: Mio and her father, So and his father, the police, and now Shinpei. And how can they ignore the fact that strange marks were found on the girl’s neck? The main character needs to figure everything out, as well as protect Mio — this was the request of her sister, who came to Shinpei in visions. Later, the guy understands: everything can be changed. Taking a step back…
- Shinpei Ajiro — after the death of his parents, he lived in the house of Kofune; grew up with two sisters, who became his native people; moved to Tokyo and had no plans to return to the island; came to Ushio’s funeral, from that day strange things began to happen to him, including multiple deaths of the islanders.
- Ushio Kofune — deceased friend of Shinpei, whom he considered his sister; it is believed that she drowned while saving a child; even in death, she takes care of her sister and asks Shinpei to keep Mio safe.
- Mio Kofune — Ushio’s younger sister; a few days before the tragedy, together with her sister, she saw Ushio’s shadow on the cliff; after Shinpei returns to the island, she dies again and again.
- Shiori Kobayakawa — a girl who was saved by Ushio at the cost of her life; as they say on the island, Shiori stopped talking after that day; a week before Ushio’s death, Shiori told the Kofune sisters that she saw her double in the forest on the mountain; after Ushio’s funeral, the whole family of the girl disappeared without a trace, the policeman is sure that they ran away because of debts.
- The series was directed by Ayumu Watanabe, who recently released the beautiful anime “Komi Can’t Communicate“, which currently consists of two seasons. Also among the works of Watanabe: “Major 2nd“, “Love Is Like After the Rain“, “Ace Attorney”, etc. Many of Ayumu’s anime series were renewed for a 2nd season.
- The anime “Summer Time Rendering” is based on the manga of the same name by Yasuki Tanaka. The manga was first published in October 2017 in the Japanese online magazine ShōNen Jump+, which has been running since September 2014 as a free mobile app and website. In April 2021, the last, 13th volume of the manga was released.
Summer Time Rendering Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|