Starting a new startup often comes with a lot of risk. Travis Kalanick, the creator of UBER Camp, has repeatedly suspended his projects. But now he is convinced of success. With funding from Bill Gurley, Kalanick unleashes a colossal campaign that could permanently shut down municipal taxis…
“Super Pumped ss 2”: release date, announcement
About the acclaimed drama “Super Pumped” it is officially known that the season 2 will be released! It is also known that the history of the new episodes will tell viewers about Facebook, the largest social network in the world. According to some reports, the filming of season 2 is scheduled for the summer of 2022. Most likely, new episodes will be released in early spring 2023. The creators of the project do not disclose the exact information. We follow the news.
There was nothing remarkable about Travis Kalanick. He grew up in an ordinary family, loved to engage in development, improvements and dreamed of earning more. His brother went to serve in the police when Travis left for Silicon Valley for big money. Parents did not understand what their son was doing, but rejoiced at his every success and helped in adversity.
As time went on, Travis was pursued by failures. But at one point, he came up with an idea with a taxi app that could make the trip as easy as possible. Instead of the usual “get a taxi”, people could order a car for a specific time using their phone. A bank card linked to the application made it possible to exclude the use of cash at the request of the passenger.
This idea appealed to investor Bill Gurley, who subsequently wrote a hefty check for UBER Camp on numerous occasions. As time went on, the company grew. As executive director Travis has repeatedly come under the influence of the local mayor’s office, which is not ready to accept innovations that can harm the city’s infrastructure.
Travis had to fight this with the help of people who were on the side of Uber. These are ordinary passengers who are already accustomed to the service. Having won back his piece of the city, Kalanick did not stop there and went further. Like Gurley, he yearned to expand, first to other US cities and then to new countries.
But the further Travis went, the more problems he encountered along the way. Unscrupulous employees, law enforcement officers who dream of getting their own piece of profit, the introduction of licenses and other troubles – all this only added to the company’s desire not to stop at achieving…
Actors and their roles
- Travis Kalanick — a young guy with profitable ideas; received funding from a well-known businessman, later assembled a huge company, which now has more than 20 thousand employees worldwide; was able to win the favor of the mayor of San Francisco, who was against the idea with the Uber app for a long time — Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- Bill Gurley — at first glance, kind and open, builds trusting relationships with everyone who decides to do business with him; invests in Uber even after its failure, because he believes in the success of Travis’ idea; becomes a serious enemy for everyone who wants to cross his path — Kyle Chandler.
- Bonnie — Travis’ mother; former realtor; according to his father, she was always wildly happy when she managed to close another difficult deal; is the attorney of the son; always ready to help; Travis calls her when things are going really bad for him; equally proud of both sons — Elisabeth Shue.
- Cory — brother of Travis; works in the police patrol; manages the whole team; on bad terms with brother; does not want to understand the intricacies of his work and considers Travis to be lazy and a loser; does not come to an important party on the occasion of the opening of his company — Mishka Thébaud.
- Arianna Huffington — a wealthy lady who took the idea with Uber; co-founder of the Huffington Post – Uma Thurman.
- The narrator for Season 1 of the TV series is Quentin Tarantino, a longtime friend of Uma Thurman, whom they met on the set of “Pulp Fiction”. Since 1995, the couple has had a peculiar relationship, which at first was friendly, and later grew into love. Uma was his muse for many years, and Quentin films were conceived specifically for her image.
- Rating TV series has 7.1 points not only in the United States.
- For the season 2, a casting has been announced, the scale of which exceeds that of the first one. Since a new story will be told in the new episodes, our favorite characters will no longer be with us. But the new characters, for sure, will shine on the screens no less than the cast of the season 1.
- The etymology of the word “Uber” is very interesting. If we talk about the German language, then it is written “über” and is translated as “above”, which indicates the superlative degree of what was said. In the United States in the first half of the 20th century, the word “uber” turned into a kind of slang, meaning the well-known word “super”.
Super Pumped Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||spring 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||spring 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||spring 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||spring 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||spring 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||spring 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||spring 2023|