Clark Kent, better known as Superman, noticed from day one the talent of Lois Lane, a brilliant journalist whose career took off over the years. Years passed, Clark and Lois started a family, and the born twins Jordan and Jonathan inherited the strengths from both parents. But only one of them received superpowers…
“Superman and Lois ss 2”: release date, announcement
Not all comic book fans reacted kindly to the next restart, but there were much more satisfied viewers.
The continuation of the long-awaited fantastic project “Superman and Lois” is scheduled to air on January 11, 2022 on The CW!
Our days. Until now, no one knows Superman’s true identity other than his wife. But the situation changes when their twin children grow up. Clark often disappears, and the children wonder where he spends so much time. This leads to problems and Kent realizes that the time will come when he will have to tell his sons the truth.
Jonathan is very similar to his mother — determined, charming, high school football star and pride of parents. Clark waits anxiously for the strength to manifest in him. The second son, Jordan, from an early age was a strange child, threw tantrums to his parents, accused of conspiracies. He was taken to a psychologist, given medications. The guy had no hobbies, except for video games.
One day, Clark’s adoptive mother, Martha, dies, leaving behind a part of the farm on which the current Kents are destined to live. Upon arrival, the brothers meet a girl named Sarah. Under her sarcastic jokes, the guys decide to get into the barn, which their father does not approve of. After wandering through the abandoned premises, Jordan fell under a pile of metal pipes. Jonathan rushed to help.
The father who arrived in time was surprised that the boys remained completely safe. Literally not a single scratch. The parents’ first thought was that Jonathan had blocked his brother with himself. Clark was almost certain that he was the one with superpowers. Deciding to talk to the children and finally tell them why he really leaves home, Clark stumbled upon a misunderstanding.
Jordan was offended when he learned that his parents expected super powers from Jonathan. It turned out that at the last moment it was Jordan who shielded his brother when the pipes fell on them. He has abilities, but according to a 16-year-old teenager, this is a curse, not a gift. In the meantime, Jonathan is glad that his success in football has nothing to do with something unusual.
Along with teenage problems, guys are forced to put up with the origin of their father and all the problems that come with it. Now, not only the world is in danger, but the future of the Clark Kent family. Jordan cannot control the forces and he has to put up with daily failures. What are the normal everyday life of the Superman family? Will the son come to terms with his fate?
Actors and their roles
- Clark Kent — father of the twins, Superman; hides behind glasses so that no one recognizes him; considers his powers a curse, but has long resigned himself to it; loves family, but cannot leave the world in danger — Tyler Hoechlin.
- Lois — Clark’s wife and the best editor in the country; has a tough character at work and can be soft around her family — Elizabeth Tulloch.
- Jonathan — an optimist in life; dating a girl, but not against new acquaintances; the captain of the football team; makes new friends with success; not afraid of attention, confident in himself; in controversial situations with his parents, he takes the side of his brother — Jordan Elsass.
- Jordan — withdrawn, hysterical, quick-tempered; Throughout childhood, he understood that something was wrong in the family, because of which he was sent to a psychiatrist by Lois, but upon learning that his father was Superman, he was offended by his parents for not being told the truth, because in that case he would have resigned himself to his position and stopped paranoidly looking for an answer to the question “where is his father going” — Alex Garfin.
- Lana Lang — Clark’s longtime girlfriend; his great love, relations with which did not work out in the end; her daughter is Jordan’s love interest — Emmanuelle Chriqui.
- Greg Berlanti was named screenwriter 2 years before the season 1 premiere. At the time, he was working on the “Titans” TV series, which, like all comics about Clark Kent, is also owned by DC. Since 2012, having started his career in science fiction with the TV series “Arrow”, Berlanti decided to focus on this genre. At the same time, the scriptwriter does not belong to one film company.
- Casting for the role of Lana Lang lasted the longest. After the TV show “Smallville”, where Kristin Laura Kreuk played her, it was difficult to find an actress who would match the announced image. Emmanuelle Chriqui was one of the last to come to the casting. Despite the external differences, her candidacy was approved.
- Season 1 had 13 episodes lasting 50 minutes. Most likely season 2 will contain a similar number of episodes.
Superman and Lois Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||January 11, 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||January 18, 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||January 25, 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||February 1, 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||February 8, 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||February 15, 2022|
|2x07||Series 7||February 22, 2022|
|2x08||Series 8||March 1, 2022|
|2x09||Series 9||March 8, 2022|
|2x10||Series 10||March 15, 2022|