Swamp Thing Season 2
Louisiana State. Abby Arcane has to return to the town of Marais, where her school years were spent. The cause was an unidentified virus that spreads among the population. Abby suspects that the fault is not just a virus, but something more terrible. Having worked in distant countries and curing people from the most dangerous diseases, Abby decides to help the inhabitants of his native town to free themselves from the misfortune.
When will the series “Swamp Thing Season 2” be released?
Continuation of the fantastic series “Swamp Thing” is not expected. Officially DC Universe streaming service stated that the conflict with the creators of the series does not make it possible to extend the picture for the next season. Moreover, season 1 has been reduced from 13 episodes to 10.
Perhaps such information is only a PR move created to spark interest in the show. In this case, the move is very successful – after the official announcement of the closure, petitions fell in with a request to return the beloved hero. Perhaps in May 2020, viewers will still be able to enjoy the 2nd season of the TV series “Swamp Thing”. We’ll see…
In her youth, Abby Arcane was a reckless girl, hanging out with her best friend everywhere, in which she didn’t like it. But the tragedy made Abby reconsider her views on life. After receiving her doctorate, Abby decided to pursue a career and forget the life that surrounded her in Marais. Going in search of a better life, Abby never forgot his girlfriend.
Over the years that Abby was outside her hometown, she managed to build a good career. But soon it was rumored that an unknown virus was found in Marais, sparing neither men, nor women, nor children. Infected go to the hospital, and at that time there were only a few. Arcane decides to go back to a place that has not visited since his youth.
Arriving in Marais, the girl meets Dr. Alec Holland, who already has some guesses about this. Holland attaches great importance to the marsh, which is a fundamental link for many residents of the city. Without thinking twice, Arcane agrees to believe in Alec’s theory and immediately understands what she’s dealing with. This is not just a swamp – it is a deadly place.
During the time that she spends in the town, her relationship with Alec is becoming more and more friendly. Soon Holland’s tragic death occurs right in the swamp, and Arcane has no choice but to get out of this place. She is returning to the hospital and is trying to focus on the sick inhabitants of Marais. But the girl realizes that she will still have to visit the swamp. Abby has suggestions that Holland is not dead…
The man had too many guesses about the dangerous virus. So maybe Abby can find answers to her questions in Alec’s lab, which stands in the middle of the swamp? But is there enough strength for her to continue the fight against the unknown, which is preparing death for everyone who comes to this death place?
Actors and their roles
- Alec Holland – a scientist who came from another city to study the swamp. At first, he worked under the guidance of a local magnate, but then he was fired. He began to work for herself, met Abby and helped her understand what she was facing. He was killed by an unknown after two shots in the body – Andy Bean.
- Swamp Thing – the reincarnated incarnation of Alec Holland, which he turned into after the tragic death; he rescues the inhabitants of Marais and the immediate environs from danger from outside; is a kind of superhero, even with a frightening appearance – Derek Mears.
- Abby Arcane – a former resident of Marais, who came back to stop an unknown epidemic and again face her past – Crystal Reed.
- Liz Tremayne – Ebi’s friend, the girl works as a bartender and writes articles for a local newspaper – Maria Sten.
- Information about the closure of the series appeared in mid-April 2019. But since there were no official statements (only rumors), they decided not to raise panic. 6 days after the release of the first series, it became officially known that the project was closed due to the turmoil caused by WarnerMedia.
- From November 2018 to May 2019, the series was filmed. The picture was ready in a matter of days, because the editors did not wait for the end of filming, but worked with what is. The last shooting day was May 9th. And already 31 the release of the 1st series took place, which attracted millions of visitors to the DC Universe streaming service.
- Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic aggregator sites rated the picture quite high. Reviews tell about excellent camera work, and also note some actors. We can not agree – the series looks very rich and rich, but DC Universe refused to spend such amount again for the new season.
- Crystal Reed went crazy in those days when she had to dive into the “swamp”. The makeup immediately deteriorated and the make-up artists had to spend 6-7 hours on her appearance. According to Crystal, the take lasted 30 seconds, and if it was unsuccessful, it took about 30 minutes to put on makeup. And so every time.
Swamp Thing Season 2 release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||May 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||May 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||May 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||May 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||May 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||May 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||May 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||May 2020|
|2x09||Series 9||May 2020|
|2x10||Series 10||May 2020|