Lou Simms’ adult life has just begun, and she is already ready for big things. Stocking up on patience, courage and deceit, she gets a job with her idol Joyce Holt. For more than 10 years, Joyce has run a huge corporation and now her future is at stake. But young Lou already knows how to save the situation, and the girl begins to act actively…
“Swimming with Sharks ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the psychological drama “Swimming with Sharks” has not been officially announced. Recall that the picture is based on the 1994 film of the same name with Kevin Spacey in the title role.
Lou spent many years in Colorado Springs, where she dreamed of going to the big city with her mother. Later, alone, Lou moved to Los Angeles. Here she dreamed of building a career. Spurred on by thoughts of impending success, the girl got a job at Joyce Holt’s firm. Fulfilling small assignments, she knew that sooner or later her efforts would become visible.
As time went on, bit by bit, Lou collected information about the company’s affairs, and at a crucial moment she was able to help Holt make an important deal. It was about buying the rights to a new work by famous lesbian writer Meredith. Having decided on a responsible step, Lou meets Meredith at a local club, where a heated meeting takes place between them.
The next day, Joyce learns that Lou was dating Meredith without her knowledge and convinced her to sign a contract with the Holt’s firm. Impressed by the act of a young intern, Joyce decides to look at her from a different angle. The woman does not know that Simms fanatically watches videos with her participation and absorbs every word uttered by Joyce.
Lou is determined not just to become the best employee of the company – she wants to take as much power into her own hands as she wants. If necessary, go to bed with anyone, displace and destroy all competitors. Life in a poor family made itself felt: Simms metal about endless possibilities, because she believed that this would bring her real pleasure.
At this time, Joyce was trying to get pregnant from her boyfriend, and she also met with a young lover. Dreaming of a child, she did everything possible for this for more than 6 years, but nothing worked. On the offer to take the baby from the shelter, the woman refused, because Holt was sure of imminent success. And Joyce was still dependent on Redmond, because he still owned the company in which she works.
Yes, Joyce has reached great heights over the past 10 years, but once upon a time she, like Lou, began to fight her way up, starting from a low position. Now she needs the quick death of Redmond, who promised to lay down his powers and transfer the company into her hands. For this, Holt comes to his house and every time she does the terrible things that he asks for…
Actors and their roles
- Lou Simms — suffers from a mental illness that does not allow her to live in peace; alone watching motivational videos about career and success; dreams of breaking out into the people, which for her means acquiring power and influence — Kiernan Shipka.
- Joyce Holt — in her youth she was humiliated, which later affected the quality of her life — Diane Kruger.
- Marty — Joyce’s main assistant; was fired after a deal with Meredith fell through, but was later taken back; capable of vile acts behind the back of the leader, which he does without remorse — Finn Jones.
- Redmond — an old rich man who owns assets that Joyce so badly needs; connected to devices that support his life; loves to humiliate people and gets real pleasure from it — Donald Sutherland.
- Travis — openly gay; assistant director; Joyce fired him many times, but since he knows all her secrets, he was just as often taken back; fired Lou before learning she helped reconnect with a business partner — Thomas Dekker.
- Meredith — is proud to be a lesbian; dreamed of working with a creative company, but Lou, who seduced her, forced her to collaborate with Joyce — Erika Alexander.
- Kiernan Shipka has been playing the main character in the youth TV series “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” for several seasons. The actress has already been nominated twice in the Best Actress category.
- Tucker Gates directed the TV series “Swimming with Sharks”. He took over as director to create several episodes of popular TV projects such as “Alias”, “Lost”, “House M.D.”, “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” and others.
- The audience really liked the game of Erika Alexander. They immediately asked the question: does the actress give preference to women, like her heroine? It turned out that Erica was married to artist and screenwriter Tony Puryear for many years and, according to her, she had never had an intimate relationship with a woman.
- Filming of the TV show took place in Los Angeles, where the main events of the film take place according to the plot. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the production process was suspended for a long 8 months. Despite the long break, the work went smoothly and productively — the ratings of the season 1 were generally quite good.
Swimming with Sharks Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|