The “Sword Art Online” project has become one of the brightest in anime history. Kirito’s fans have already watched an incredible number of episodes that have been released since 2012. The adventures in which the protagonist plunges seems to never end. But how will the viewer live without his favorite characters, because someday we will have to see the final episode…
Genre – adventure, fantasy.
The premiere of the season 1 took place on July 8, 2012 (25 episodes).
The premiere of the season 2 – July 5, 2014 (24 episodes).
The season 3 was released in 3 parts:
– part 1 – October 6, 2018 (24 episodes);
– part 2 – October 12, 2019 (12 episodes);
– part 3 – July 11, 2020 (11 episodes).
“Sword Art Online ss 4”: release date, announcement
The third season was divided into 3 parts. In this case, part 3 was the logical conclusion of the storyline called “Alicization”. Will this be the final point of the Sword Art Online story? Most probably not. There is enough material for creating anime. But for adaptation, any topic can be taken, which will develop richly, brightly, captivating with its plot a million audience around the world.
Which line the director of the project will choose for development is still kept secret. But there are already rumors and controversies about the premiere of the continuation of the project. After collecting opinions and feedback, we can conclude that season 4 of the top and beloved anime “Sword Art Online” has every chance of life. However, unfortunately, there is no exact information as of July 2022. We are waiting for official news and hope for the premiere.
A deadly game called Sword Art Online has become a trap for thousands of young men and women who decided to take part in it. Kirito originally thought he was one of the lucky ones to test the new game for the first time. But everything turned out to be much worse and more dangerous. One day, he discovered that the exit button in the game had disappeared…
The developer, who gathered all the players in one place, explained the purpose of their entry into the game, its rules, and also the only way to get out of here alive. To do this, they need to go through 100 levels, defeating the leaders of each floor. Having reached the top, the player becomes the winner. Only then can he find freedom. But by losing life in the game, the player loses real life.
Kirito, due to his strong-willed nature, promised himself to go to the end. With every day he lives in the game, with every battle he won, the guy realizes that being a loner is difficult. Fate acquaints him with those who will subsequently become his faithful friend and assistant in achieving his goals. Now he is responsible not only for himself, but also for his friends, for his beloved.
The guys have a long way to go to the day when they can return to the real world. But there will be no quiet life – new adventures, new immersions in the virtual world of games are ahead…
- Kirito – the name in the real world is Kazuto Kirigaya; became one of thousands of applicants to participate in the test virtual game Sword Art Online, then he switched to its official version; self-confident by nature, capable of deliberately annoying others, is straightforward, while always helping someone who is in trouble; he is great in battle, but for a long time preferred to be a loner; for a long time he was in a coma after the battle.
- Asuna – fell into the trap of the game as a volunteer; was one of the leaders of the “Knights of the Blood” guild; excellent command of the rapier, for which she received the nickname “The Flash”; was able to heal in the game; saved Kirito from death at the cost of her life; by nature, she is kind, strong-willed, brave, always ready to help others.
- The light novel guide book Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! by the Takarajimasha, annually publishes a list of the 10 best works in the opinion of its readers, as well as their heroes. In 2012 and 2013, Kirito was voted the best male character.
- The original source of the anime is a light novel series created by Japanese writer Reki Kawahara. The first volume was published in April 2009. Then, based on the light novel, a manga was created, and then an anime adaptation and numerous video games. Manga and light novel are published to this day.
- On December 31, 2013, fans were able to see the highly anticipated anime film “Sword Art Online”, directed and written by Tomohiko Ito. Another film was released on February 18, 2017.
- In his interviews, Reki Kawahara admitted that he did not put any of his character traits into Kirito, as many authors do. On the contrary, Kirito and Kawahara are completely different in character. At the same time, female characters are also not prototypes of real people. They were created at the time of history writing. The author also admitted that he created Asuna “too perfect”.
Sword Art Online Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||not announced|
|4x02||Series 2||not announced|
|4x03||Series 3||not announced|
|4x04||Series 4||not announced|
|4x05||Series 5||not announced|
|4x06||Series 6||not announced|
|4x07||Series 7||not announced|
|4x08||Series 8||not announced|
|4x09||Series 9||not announced|
|4x10||Series 10||not announced|