1814 year. James Delaney devoted his wanderings on African land for more than 10 years, but this time was not enough for him. Only the news of the imminent death of his father made him visit his native land. Soon, James realizes that the death of his father was not at all accidental, but several countries are behind it, with the participants of which Delaney plans to start a war.
Season 1 premiered on January 7, 2017.
The premiere of the series “Taboo Season 2” is scheduled for mid-2020.
When will the series “Taboo Season 3” be released?
Nobody expected the preparation and production process for Season 2 of the TV show “Taboo” to take that long. Despite the fact that after the release of season 1, the creation of two more seasons was immediately announced, the viewer managed to get bored in anxious anticipation. At the moment there is no exact information about the release of Season 3. But we are keeping an eye on the news and will update the article as soon as we know something.
Arriving at home, Delaney stumbles upon a completely cold reception – not only is no one happy about his arrival, so some dare to openly demonstrate this. Not needing money, James begins to conduct his own investigation. And how can I restrain myself when, when the father’s body was opened, the pathologist reports that he was poisoned.
James is not interested in his father’s legacy – he is more focused on finding the killer. There are more and more applicants for the inheritance, because the shipbuilding company, which was owned by Delaney, is waiting for its copyright holder. The wife of the deceased decides to sell the company, but James steps in, who refuses such a step.
He is trying to find all the clues that would help reveal the killer. The half-sister of the protagonist asks him not to go into other people’s affairs. But James remains in his opinion, so the search for the killer turns into a threat to life for James himself.
At the end of season 1, Delaney manages to arrange a real massacre. He was not frightened by the prison cell and even threats from public servants. He does not hesitate to act on his own plan, and his loyal supporters help him arrange a real war on the streets of London.
The second season did not reduce the ardor of the hero. On the contrary, new discoveries only sparked a new fire in him. And if so, then in season 3 in this fire will blaze everyone whom Delaney considers unnecessary. The man has his own truth, he is confidently moving towards his goals and does not try to follow the rest of his relatives. The killer of the father will be punished, and all the ill-wishers will go to the grave earlier than James himself…
Will such self-confidence help the protagonist in the future? What can an unwavering faith in one’s own strength turn into? Or James initially knew what awaited him, because he masterfully copes with all the criminals and is ready to give battle to everyone who tries to shame the honor of his late father…
Actors and their roles
- James Delaney – wandered through African lands, but the death of his father forced him to return to London and find the killers; James is a wonderful leader that people follow; a man has a scar on his eye, his body is covered with various tattoos – Tom Hardy.
- Lorna Bow – wife of the late Horace Delaney, father of James; she planned to take everything into her own hands, but the appearance of the prodigal son forced her to reconsider her views – Jessie Buckley.
- Benjamin Wilton – works as an officer, conducts business related to the East India Company – Leo Bill.
- Zilpha Geary – James’s half-sister; Together with her husband, she is trying to dissuade the main character from insidious plans, but can not act on the raging brother – Oona Chaplin.
- The producers of the series promise the audience even more complicated moves in season 3. James’s goal is clear, but it’s not yet known which way he will go to achieve it. Tom Hardy himself was very glad that his picture was highly appreciated by critics and was going to delight the audience with the new adventures of Delaney.
- For a long time, the shooting of one of Tom Hardy’s projects took place in New York, while the filming process of the series “Taboo” was carried out in England. In season 2, the creators decided to wait for Tom from the next shoot, but in order to finish season 3, they had to go to New York and shoot some scenes there.
- Historians were shocked by the news that the East India Company would appear on the screen as part of the CIA. Recall that the series is artistic and, in fact, the concept of the company was of a completely different nature.
- Ridley Scott became the executive producer of the picture. The man was initially attracted by the idea of Tom Hardy to shoot the series in a similar way. Hardy previously played a minor role in the series “Peaky Blinders“, which took place in the last century. Then he got the idea to shoot a historical crime drama.
- The shots, where James flaunts naked only with a hip bag, had to be carried out with fans who knew from somewhere about the location of the shooting. The main character was not afraid of this fact, especially since the scene had already been broken 3 times, and as a result, Hardy had to walk in the pouring rain. Fortunately, after this, the actor was able to do without colds.
Taboo Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|