The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? Season 2
The life of a simple guy can be interesting, eventful and adventurous. To do this, he only needs to… wake up at the right time in the right place. That’s the main character of the anime “The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?” reincarnated as a little boy from another world endowed with incredible magical power…
Genre – Fantasy.
The premiere of the season 1 was held on April 2, 2020.
The original name of the anime is Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!
When will the sequel to the anime “The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? Season 2” come out?
At the moment, there is no official information that the director of the project, Tatsuo Miura, will resume work. On the other hand, there is no reason to dwell on just one season. Fans are waiting for the continuation, there is plenty of source material, the rating of the first season is high… So it remains to wait for the continuation. According to critics, the premiere of the new anime series “The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?” may take place in the spring of 2021.
That day was the most ordinary. Shingo Ichinomiya returned to his bachelor apartment after a hard day at work. It’s late, he wants to relax, but first he needs to cook dinner and eat well. Fatigue takes its toll, hunger surrenders – Shingo falls asleep…
Opening his eyes, the guy finds himself in a completely different place: surrounded by strangers in strange clothes, with strange habits. But most importantly – what happened to the main character? Now Shingo is not a bachelor, working in the company every day, now he is a 5-year-old boy! What’s happening? Maybe it’s just a dream? Then why doesn’t it end?
Meeting with Alfred Rainford, a former court magician, changed the life of the protagonist. Developing the magical power inherent in Wendelin, the boy gradually turns into a powerful adult magician. His destiny is to live in this reality, on the land of this kingdom, surrounded by magic and adventurers such as himself. He won’t be bored! But what is his mission?..
- Wendelin von Benno Baumeister / Shingo Ichinomiya – 25-year-old guy working in a trading company; falls asleep in the familiar world, and wakes up in a new, unfamiliar world, and in the body of a 5-year-old boy from a family of hereditary nobles; in the possession of his family – vast lands, despite this, the family is poor; their house is located away from the royal capital; Wendelin becomes an adventurer with incredible magical powers; by nature he is kind, modest, shows compassion for others, but he is far from ideal, as it might first seem; weapons of Wendelin – sword and bow.
- Elize Katharina von Hohenheim – granddaughter of the cardinal of the church; everyone calls her “Saint”; her abilities are mastery of healing magic; becomes the bride of Wendelin; by nature, Elize is kind, calm, flexible, able to listen to opinions, but at times when she is angry, she does everything in her own way.
- Iina Suzane Hirenbrant – Louise’s best friend; is the 3rd child in the family, so she decided to earn a living by herself, turning into an adventurer; once used her spear possession abilities against her father and brothers, for which she was expelled from the family; selfish, bold, purposeful in character; in love with Wendelin.
- Louise Yorande Aorelia Oufelbeik – a very energetic, mischievous, funny girl; falls in love with Wendelin and does everything to be his wife; She is fluent in martial art; after leaving the family becomes an adventurer.
- The director of the anime was Miura Tatsuo. His directorial work: “My Wife is a Magical Gir” (Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo), “Magical Princess Minky Momo”. Also among the projects in which Miura took part: “Bakuman”, “Nodame Cantabile”, “Class President is a Maid!” and etc.
- In some sources, the anime translates as “The Eighth Son? That Can’t Be Right!”.
- Based on the anime, a mobile game is being developed for iOS and Android devices. Its release is scheduled for 2020. As a player, you can choose one of the adventurers who travels with the main character Wendelin.
The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||spring of 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||spring of 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||spring of 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||spring of 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||spring of 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||spring of 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||spring of 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||spring of 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||spring of 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||spring of 2021|