At a high school reunion, everyone randomly becomes a suspect in the murder of a classmate. And while the detectives are investigating the crime, all participants will learn a lot about themselves. Everyone is involved in this case, but no one wants to expose themselves to the police. Each of those present will tell their version of what happened, but how to understand where the truth is hiding?..
“The Afterparty ss 2”: release date, announcement
The TV comedy series “The Afterparty” was able to keep the intrigue until the very end of the season 1. As a result, the audience highly appreciated both the entire season as a whole and each episode individually. And while the continuation of the picture has not been officially announced, analysts are sure that the premiere of the TV show will take place very soon. The likely time for release is the end of 2022. We continue to follow the news.
School. Incredible emotions, raging hormones, first love, arguments with classmates, rivalry — all this is familiar to everyone, but it is so far gone that now the guys are meeting to show each other who has become who. But not everyone is of this opinion. For example, Aniq came to meet Zoe, whom he has been in love with since high school.
A few years ago, Zoe divorced her husband, and now Aniq is confident that he will be able to build a brilliant future together with her. But his friend Yasper, who also came to the afterparty, has a different opinion. As a teenager, Zoe chose successful men, and now even more so. Therefore, the courtship of the popular musician Xavier is clearly to her liking. His career has turned out better than the rest of the party.
Yasper dreams of recording a new track with Xavier, but he is busy with Zoe. Her ex-husband Brett is constantly nearby and threatens to kill Xavier if he lays a finger on Zoe. Aniq decides to get drunk, and Yasper relentlessly terrorizes Xavier with messages, offering to listen to his new track together.
The rest of the guests did not get bored — they had fun, remembered the past and danced. But a random scream made them go out onto the balcony. Below, Xavier was lying, having fallen from a great height and hitting his head on a stone. Immediately calling the police, the participants of the event were left to wait until everything cleared up.
Detective Danner arrived with her partner Detective Culp. The woman interrogated potential suspects in turn, but everyone told the story differently and everyone had thoughts about the killer in their minds. To put the pieces of the puzzle together, she has to be cunning and pry the information wisely. Danner believes that the killer is somewhere nearby, but why did she herself volunteer to solve this crime and persuade the boss to give her this case? ..
Actors and their roles
- Detective Danner — immediately arrived at the scene of the crime; trying to figure out the confused testimony of the afterparty participants — Tiffany Haddish.
- Detective Culp — Danner’s assistant; not sure of himself, but trying to convince others that this is not so — John Early.
- Aniq — African American; from school in love with a classmate, but the relationship with her did not work out, she married another; found out before the party that Zoe was divorced and arrived in the hope of trying to start over; as a result, he got drunk and was painted by unknown people — Sam Richardson.
- Xavier — a popular musician, singer, in whose house the holiday was held; paid a lot of attention to Zoe, but in the midst of the party was thrown off the balcony by someone — Dave Franco.
- Yasper — has great ambitions, which he was ready to share; makes friends with everyone; likes to chat — Ben Schwartz.
- Chelsea — a lover of fun; walked with a flask, which was later found near the corpse — Ilana Glazer.
- Zoe — charmed half the class and was the star of the evening, but Xavier was able to capture her attention, spectacularly appearing during her conversation with Aniq — Zoe Chao.
- Brett — ex-husband of Zoe; does not control his anger; threatened to kill anyone who touched his woman — Ike Barinholtz.
- In the episode 1 of the season 1, Channing Tatum appeared, playing himself, thereby further increasing the rating of the TV series.
- The film was executive produced, written and directed by Christopher Miller, whose best works are “The Lego Movie”, “Smallfoot”, “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”, “The Mitchells vs. the Machines”, and “21 Jump Street” starring Channing Tatum. Between 2022 and 2023, Miller plans to release 12 more projects, including the second part of the Spider-Man cartoon.
- Christopher Miller on his Instagram page personally announced to the followers about the start of work on the TV show “The Afterparty”. As a result, it is known that the production process started on November 11, 2020 and ended on February 17, 2021.
The Afterparty Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|