With the advent of children, life changes, and the main character of the TV series “The Baby” understands this from her own experience. A fateful meeting with a small child made her take a different look at motherhood and even allowed her to feel a different thirst for a quiet life. And when it turned out that now she had nowhere to run and nowhere to ask for help, her existence turned into a real nightmare…
“The Baby ss 2”: release date, announcement
A sequel to horror comedy “The Baby” has not been officially announced. However, the rather high ratings of the season 1 give hope for the soon return of the main characters in the season 2. If the producers decide to extend the picture, then the premiere of new episodes will most likely take place in the spring of 2023. We continue to follow the news.
Starring Michelle de Swarte has told the press that she has pulled out of season 2. It is still unknown what move the showrunners will come up with to replace the actress. Since Michelle considers herself a comedian, not an actress, the woman does not intend to linger in any TV series. She enjoys performing in front of live audiences.
Natasha has been living alone for many years. First, it happened. Secondly, she would not want to change anything. Any attempts by her friends to appeal to the maternal instinct fail, and Natasha herself does not want to deal with everyday life, her husband, children, or something like that. She loves the freedom she has enjoyed for 38 years.
Almost everyone in her environment has already started a family and constantly talks about her home routine. As for Natasha, she doesn’t even know how to change a diaper or what to do if the baby cries. With a shudder, her friends think what would happen to their children if they fell into Natasha’s hands, so no one dares to entrust her with the care of their child.
Due to the lack of skills, Natasha has lived quietly to this day. But a child who appeared out of nowhere made his own adjustments. Having become an accidental nurse for a six-month-old baby, Natasha cannot get rid of the burden of duties. Now she will have to master motherhood in a short time and understand why people who do not like her little screaming child turn out to be dead or crippled.
No matter how hard Natasha tries to get rid of the annoying companion, he is always there. Once a baby literally flew into her hands from heaven, which became a sign for her. There are people who wish him harm. It is understandable, because few people like it when their friends die from one touch to a small monster.
But why then does Natasha not give it to those who can cope with his power? The answer is simple: every baby, even the most terrible, needs a mother. Now Natasha will have to live with a little monster and fulfill his whims. But she is not ready to give up and is still looking for a way to get rid of the child. But will she give him back when the time is right?
The TV show is narrated in a satirical manner, poking fun at “perfect motherhood” and letting viewers know that there are no perfect parents. Children love moms and dads just the way they are. And parents do not choose the nature of the child — they adapt to a new person who has settled in their family…
Actors and their roles
- Natasha — lived all her life for her own pleasure, until she met a child who magically does not allow her to get rid of him; the baby appears from everywhere and cannot be left anywhere; over time, she becomes imbued with love for the child and begins to understand her friends who are constantly chatting about their naughty children — Michelle de Swarte.
- Barbara — has the image and reputation of a crazy city dweller; understands the monstrous destructive power that lurks in the baby; leads a secret society of young mothers, professes an unfamiliar religion and considers herself almost a prophet — Sinéad Cusack.
- After the release of the episode 1, the ratings of the TV series showed low values, which upset the creators of the project. Critics often express the opinion that a new season is impossible if the premiere episodes were a failure. However, from episode to episode, the audience’s interest in the picture increased. As a result, they started talking about the season 2, which theoretically could well come out.
- Michelle de Swarte is a successful comedian and has lived in the UK all her life. In 2018, she was invited to the TV series “The Duchess”, where she played a prominent role. After the release of the picture in 2020, producer Bisha K. Ali (“Sex Education“, “Loki“) invited her to take part in the filming of the TV series “The baby”, and Michelle agreed.
- The project was directed by Faraz Shariat (“DRUCK Die Serie”, “Futur Drei”), Stacey Gregg (“Here Before”), Ella Jones (“Midsomer Murders”, “Silent Witness”) and Nicole Kassell (“Castle Rock“, “Vinyl”, “Westworld“, “Better Call Saul”).
The Baby Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|