Netflix has long established itself as an excellent provider of quality TV projects. At the same time, the Netflix management has long stopped looking for films and TV shows only from familiar countries. Their current strategy is to be able to spot an interesting project in unpopular countries. Thanks to this tactic, viewers saw, for example, the South Korean TV series “Squid Game“, which broke all viewing records. It was the turn of the Danish picture “The Chestnut Man”, which is also predicted to be continued.
The genre is a crime detective.
Season 1 premiered on September 29, 2021 on Netflix (6 episodes).
“The Chestnut Man ss 2”: release date, announcement
Most likely, the series “The Chestnut Man” will repeat the fate of another picture. This is the TV show “The Killing”, co-produced by Denmark, Sweden and Norway. No one expected that the book on the basis of which the adaptation was created, and the series itself, would become so popular all over the world. After a wave of admiration and positive reviews, “The Killing” was renewed for seasons 2 and 3. Film critics are sure that the same will happen for the series “The Chestnut Man”.
Unfortunately, as of January 2023, there is still no information about the start of filming of new episodes of the crime drama “The Chestnut Man”, but the closure of the project has not been announced either. Therefore, we just have to wait and follow the news.
Naia Thulin decided to move to another department long ago. As a detective, she is rarely at home, and her little daughter really needs a mother. Thulin is raising her without a husband, but her father helps her out a lot in this matter, although not her own. The detective’s personal life is a complete mess – there is not enough time for it either. And what man wants to date an invisible girl who is always absent or deadly tired?
Thulin asks her boss to sign the papers and let her go, but Nylander doesn’t want to part with the best employee. A new crime is committed on time: the boss asks Thulin to solve the case, after which he will sign everything that is needed. But the task turns out to be so serious, confusing and cruel that the best forces are rushed to solve it. Mark Hess is contributing to Thulin.
The first woman’s body was found in a playground. The victim was murdered in cold blood and was deprived of one arm. The next victim helped to reveal the connection: the perpetrator killed “bad” mothers who did not take due care of their children. But this information could not stop another murder. As a result, the detectives already have 3 corpses and no clue.
Initially, Thulin and Hess do not find a common language. Hess seemed like an upstart with very big oddities. But after a while, Naia learned not only about his personal tragedy, but also unraveled him as a person. They have become a great team, ready to help and cover each other’s backs. Unraveling the tangle of events, the partners stumble upon an old, officially closed case. A year ago, politician Rosa Hartung lost her 10-year-old daughter Kristine, who was kidnapped and murdered. And until the last moment, no one believed that one person was the cause of the minister’s grief and the brutally murdered three women…
- Naia Thulin — a detective with a long record of work; one is raising a daughter; rarely at home; wants to change jobs to spend more time at home; loves her daughter, who is being looked after by her close person — Danica Curcic.
- Mark Hess — Investigator for Europol; not so long ago, his wife and child were killed in a fire; became Thulin’s partner in the investigation of the case of the chestnut men — Mikkel Boe Følsgaard.
- Simon Genz — Main antagonist of the 1st season; forensics worker; friend and partner of Thulin; great in his work; as a child, he was abused with his sister, after which he was able to kill the offender and his entire family; years later he began to “punish” bad mothers; kidnapped the minister’s daughter and kept her in his sister’s house, none of the neighbors knew about the girl’s existence; child officially presumed dead — David Dencik.
- Rosa Hartung — female politician, minister of social affairs; brought up in a foster family; the parents decided to take up two more children, a brother and a sister, in the end, Rose slandered the boy, after which the parents were forced to return the twins to the orphanage; her daughter Kristine was kidnapped by an unknown person, after which her killer was found, who was serving a sentence in prison — Iben Dorner.
- The series “The Chestnut Man” is based on the book of the same name by Søren Sveistrup, who gave the world another international bestseller, “The Killing” (Forbrydelsen), which also received a TV adaptation. Recall that the serial film “Forbrydelsen”, where Sarah Lund was investigating complex cases, had 3 seasons. The TV series aired from 2007 to 2012.
- The book “The Chestnut Man” immediately became a bestseller, after which the rights to publish were sold in 30 countries. Søren Sveistrup’s work was named among the best books of 2019 by the BBC, as well as The Guardian and Evening Standard published in London.
- The most striking work of the actor Mikkel Boe Følsgaard is the role of Christian VII, the king of Denmark and Norway, known for his mental illness, because of which all political decisions were made by his advisers. The film is called “A Royal Affair”. For this role, Mikkel received “Silberner Bär” for Best Actor.
The Chestnut Man Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|