In the anime “The Demon Girl Next Door”, the viewer is immersed in two worlds. The first, magical world, is represented by the place of battle between the Dark and Light forces, where Yuko, the young heiress of Dark clan, is entrusted with the task of defeating the representative of the Light clan – Momo. But the forces are not equal. The second world is a quiet and calm city, where the same rival girls study in a standard high school …
Genre – supernatural, comedy.
The premiere of the season 1 was held on July 11, 2019.
The original name of the anime is “Machikado Mazoku”.
When will the anime “The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2” come out?
The history of the representatives of two opposing clans is being written, gaining more and more fans. In August 2020, fans of the anime “The Demon Girl Next Door” finally received official information that production of season 2 has begun. If the coronavirus does not interfere with the work of director Hiroaki Sakurai, the new episodes may premiere in summer 2021.
One day, a young 15-year-old schoolgirl, Yuko, had a strange dream. A girl spoke to her, the ancestor of the Dark Clan. She conjured to defeat a certain sorceress in order to restore the Dark clan to its former greatness. But what does that mean? For Yuko, it was just a dream.
After waking up, Yuko sees horns in the mirror on his head, and a long tail in the back. Now she is a demon! What is it? My mother came to the rescue, telling her daughters the truth about the Yoshida family, which for several centuries was supported by the Dark forces. The sworn enemies of their family is the Light clan.
Representatives of the Light clan were able to defeat the members of the Dark clan, sealing their strength and good fortune. Since Yuko had demonic horns and a tail that distinguished the Dark clan from other clans, the girl was somehow able to break the seal.
Having received the demonic name “Shadow Mistress Yuko”, the schoolgirl is trying hard to defeat the sorceress Momo Chiyoda, a descendant of the Light clan. That’s just the forces of young Yuko so far remain at the same human level. And it is very early for her to compete with a strong Momo. What about Yuko’s mission? After all, she cannot fail her ancestors…
- Yuko Yoshida – a 15-year-old high school student; a quiet, calm and a little timid girl; descendant of the Dark clan; once she had a very strange dream, and after awakening, she found in her demonic horns and tail, but this transformation did not endow Yuko with physical strength.
- Momo Chiyoda – a magical girl, endowed with incredible physical strength; a student of the same school as Yuko; Momo is a descendant of the Light clan, who once long ago banished and cursed the Dark clan; according to the girl herself, by the standards of sorceresses, she is not strong enough, despite this, Momo is able, for example, to stop a truck moving at speed with her hand; the girl does not consider Yuko to be her enemy and helps her in many ways on many issues.
- Manga has been produced since 2014 in the magazine Manga Time Kirara Karat of the Japanese publishing house Houbunsha. At the time of June 2019, 5 volumes have been published.
- The anime was directed by experienced Hiroaki Sakurai. Among his works: “The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.”, “Maid Sama!” (Kaichou wa meido-sama!) and etc.
- The demonic name Yuko, coined by her mother, is Shadow Mistress Yuko. In shortened form is Shamiko.
The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2: Release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||August 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||August 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||August 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||August 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||August 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||August 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||August 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||August 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||August 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||August 2021|
Top 10 Anime Heroes Who Gave Into Darkness