The Equalizer Season 2
36 years after the show of the same name was released, CBS decided to launch a new picture, which will reflect a renewed look at the old principles. Robyn McCall does her best to help those she meets on the way. There are many mysteries in her past, the best special services in the country want to work with her, but Robyn has seen enough and wants to administer justice herself…
“The Equalizer ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the TV series “The Equalizer” may not take place, as the ratings for Season 1 were not as impressive as the creators would like.
Queen Latifah tried to get the best out of her acting talent, but this was not enough for the viewer. CBS executives have not announced a release date for next season and have no plans to do so in the near future. We are following the news and will check the information in September 2021.
Robyn McCall has not had a restful sleep for a long time. The woman is accustomed to nightmares, does not scream out after waking up, because her daughter is at home, and she needs to control herself. The girl grows up obstinate, rebellious, wants to wear extravagant outfits and does not listen to her mother. This annoys Robyn, but she realizes that every teenager has ruffled his parents’ nerves at one time.
Against the backdrop of a home showdown, people from McCall’s past emerge. William Bishop, who suddenly appeared, proposes to return to the ranks of the CIA officers, not with vague statements, but with concrete actions. The woman does not want to return to the place from which she got out with great difficulty, so she does not give a clear answer.
A chance sight makes her look at the Bishop offer from a different angle. Robyn witnesses how the girl enters the basement with a strange companion. Following them, Robyn realizes that she needs to intervene and prevent the criminal from doing something evil with a very young lady.
After saving the girl from the hands of several bandits at once, Robyn learns her story. It turns out that the girl witnessed the murder, but for some reason there are footage on the surveillance camera of how she is killing. Not understanding how this could have happened, the girl wants to leave the country. At this point, Robyn decides to act on a whim.
McCall believes the girl, she is sure that someone decided to set her up. But how can Robyn prove her innocence? Once McCall herself was in a similar situation and now she has clearly decided to help those who really need it. No amount of force will keep the former intelligence officer. She will apply all her skills and abilities. All in order to equalize the chances of a stranger…
The goal of Robyn McCall is to help those in need, because there are those people whom the law cannot protect. She tries not to stand aside when innocent people suffer very close. Only domestic problems can distract her from her favorite pastime. The daughter requires attention, although due to inexperience she cannot realize this. Graduation, first love and betrayal – that’s what Robyn will expect in conversations with her daughter in the near future…
Actors and their roles
- Robyn McCall – not married, she devoted many years to serving the country, but later got tired of endless chases, murders and decided to retire; secured, lives with her daughter, is on good terms with her mother; possesses fighting techniques, is in excellent physical shape; smart, always fighting for justice – Queen Latifah.
- William Bishop – intelligence officer; it was he who was sent to convince Robyn to return to work and pursue a career, but at a higher level; master of conspiracy, negotiation and blackmail – Chris Noth.
- The most popular version of “The Equalizer” is considered to be a full-length film with Denzel Washington, where he played Robert McCall, a former special forces officer who decided to intercede for the honor of a prostitute. Robert has always tried to resolve the conflict peacefully. He was obsessed with time and was very upset when he did not have time to kill all the criminals in the seconds allotted to him.
- Queen Latifah lost 16 kilograms for the role. Nobody advised her to change her image, lose weight and something like that. Latifah herself was transformed as she needed physical fitness. For more than six months, the actress worked in the gym, went on a diet and achieved excellent shape. Queen says that the last time she weighed the same 10 years ago.
- During his career, Chris Noth has played in more than six dozen films. Often he got breathtaking roles, but for the artist, the most beloved character remains Mr. Big, whom he played in the show “Sex and the City”. Then they became friends with Sarah Jessica Parker, who played his on-screen love. By the way, fans of this wonderful actress will soon see her in the sequel to “Sex and the City”. The new TV show will be titled “And Just Like That”.
- The CBS channel had high hopes for the TV project. Unfortunately, it happens – “The Equalizer” show did not live up to expectations. It is not yet known whether the project will get a second chance or will have to be content with one season.
The Equalizer Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|