The TV series “The First Lady” travels year after year, featuring great women whose husbands have become presidents of the United States. Eleanor Roosevelt, Michelle Obama, Betty Ford — these names are remembered not so much for their belonging to the White House, but for their strong character and truly masculine nerves. Today, let’s remember what the eminent First Ladies became famous for…
“The First Lady ss 2”: release date, announcement
A sequel to the biographical drama “The First Lady” has not been announced at this time. The producers did not plan to create several seasons, but their decision may change, because there were and are women in history whose destinies are worthy of film adaptation.
Eleanor Roosevelt’s childhood was bleak. The imminent death of her mother, life with her grandmother, her father’s alcoholism, which he could not cope with — all this the girl had to endure. The family’s fortunes were in order, allowing Eleanor to successfully marry the influential politician Franklin. She carried his last name until her death.
At the dawn of his career, Franklin contracted polio, which affected the situation in the house. And while Eleanor supported her husband, the mother-in-law intensified the quarrels, reproaching the daughter-in-law for indulging her husband. Over time, Franklin managed to take the presidency twice, and his wife was actively engaged in writing and political activities, which is emphasized in the TV series.
Another memorable figure was Betty Ford. Since childhood, she loved to dance, but her mother did not approve of her daughter’s hobbies. The second spouse of Betty was a retired military officer Gerald Ford, they were able to carry their love through the years. Demonstrating her frankness and facts from her personal life to the public, Betty quickly gained popularity.
The story of Michelle Obama, who successfully combined motherhood and political activity, turned out to be more modern. She didn’t want to just be First Lady. She wanted to give people decent medicine for little money, as well as to help everyone who needs it. And while Barack Obama ran the country, she helped him make the whole world a better place…
Such women are capable of feats: they use public influence for good deeds. They can abstract from the opinions of ill-wishers and properly build relationships with others. They are ordinary women who were not afraid to change the country for the better…
Actors and their roles
- Betty Ford — considered the most outspoken of all women related to the presidential spouses; spoke frankly about her illnesses and encouraged people to take care of their mental health; after personally suffering from alcohol and drug depression, she organized a whole network that helped fight addictions — Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Michelle Obama — had a great influence on medicine; hard to endure the attacks of the public, talking about the “black” origin of the current president, since her family is a descendant of black slaves and for a long time could not get rid of the oppression of whites; easy to communicate; created a garden in the presidential territory — Viola Davis.
- Susan Ford — the youngest child and only daughter of Betty and Gerald; often traveled with her mother; supported her dance classes — Dakota Fanning.
- Eleanor Roosevelt — supported her husband, who dreams of becoming president; confronted a family that was convinced that Franklin would not be able to achieve a high position; considered women no weaker than men in moral terms and easily conducted serious business that is customary for men — Gillian Anderson.
- For Gillian Anderson, this image was the first in a long career. She already had to wear corsets, but inserting a roller into her mouth is something new. Under the upper lip, on the gums, a silicone roller was applied, which made her face more like a real-life Mrs. Roosevelt.
- Dakota Fanning has been nominated for well-known film awards more than 30 times in her career and has won 18 of them. Her most recent achievement was a special award from the National Arts Awards, and the Palm Springs International Film Festival awarded her the title of Rising Star. For her role in the TV series “The Alienist“, Fanning received 2 nominations.
- The only director for the entire season was Susanne Bier, who has managed to shoot many worthy films over the past 10 years. Under her leadership, films were released: “In a Better World”, “Brothers”, “Things We Lost in the Fire”, “After the Wedding”, “Open Hearts”, as well as TV series “The Night Manager”, “The Undoing” starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant.
- Filming of the TV show started at the end of February 2021 and lasted 4 months. The main locations were chosen in Covington, Georgia.
The First Lady Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|