The Good Doctor Season 4
Since childhood, Shaun Murphy could not find his place in society, because his father constantly subjected him to physical violence. Not only Shaun, but also his younger brother, with whom he soon ran away from home, got it. Seeing a few deaths with children’s eyes, Shaun decided to try himself in the medical field and succeeded. But will they hire a guy with autism?
When will the episode “Good Doctor Season 4” be released?
The sequel to The Good Doctor, a multi-part medical drama, is scheduled for release in early 2021. Despite the fact that viewers expected to see new episodes in September 2020, coronavirus made its own adjustments to the film premieres. Thus, the production of the TV series “The Good Doctor” was frozen for the period of the pandemic. Hence the postponement of the release of season 4 to the next year. The ratings of the project are stable and do not portend the closure of the series.
Actors do an excellent job with the task and even experienced doctors are condescending to some mistakes in their field, because the plot does not leave anyone indifferent.
When Shaun was a child, his father could not understand why his son is so different from others. The man vented his anger with his fists, moreover, not only on his wife, but also on his own children. It went to Shaun, and then to everyone who stood up for him. One day, my father threw a rabbit sitting peacefully on Shaun’s lap into the wall. The animal could not stand such a flight and died in a veterinary clinic.
This incident has long been remembered by Shaun. Then a new series of beatings from the father followed. Then the younger brother took the older one and they went away from their home. One day, when there was no sign of trouble, Shaun’s younger brother fell from a great height and died. So the guy saw another death, which became decisive in his life.
Suffering autism, Shaun also combined another disease. Savant syndrome is an autistic condition in which a person is able to use his own “Islands of Genius”. Developing medical skills, Shaun achieved tremendous success and was able to establish himself in the best possible way. Then he met with Dr. Aaron Glassman, who 10 years later called the guy to his hospital.
Having staked his own career and reputation, Aaron Glassman convinced the hospital’s board of directors to hire Shaun Murphy as a surgeon. At first, things didn’t go so smoothly, because autism just can’t get out of it. But soon Shaun began to trust serious operations, with which he coped without much difficulty.
For the past 3 seasons, Shaun has been proving his worth and, together with his colleagues, is fighting for the health of patients. Will he be able to continue to restrain the anger of his enemies or still fall into the trap that they cleverly set for him? The fourth season will put everything in its place, as well as tell you more about the future life of other characters.
Actors and their roles
- Shaun Murphy – a young doctor with no work experience; suffers from autism and Savant syndrome, which helps him to notice what other doctors do not see; afraid of the crowd, but trying to stay calm; sometimes immersed in his own memories; not able to respond to bodily contact; develops his surgery skills – Freddie Highmore.
- Claire – one of the doctors in the hospital where Murphy came to work; kind, sympathetic, men easily fall in love with her, but at the same time do not seek to continue relations with them; communicates well with Shaun, whom he considers her friend – Antonia Thomas.
- Dr. Aaron Glassman – head physician of the hospital; used to work in the city where the Murphy family lived, but then moved to another city, where he called for Shaun; strongly supports the guy and believes that he has more prospects than healthy doctors, since the latter are not as interested in saving lives as Shaun – Richard Schiff.
- On September 25, 2017, a pilot episode appeared on ABC, which attracted 1 million viewers to the screens. ABC is famous for its love for such projects, because for the past 17 years the channel has been broadcasting the medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy“.
- David Shore, the creator of “House, M.D.”, was invited as the director of the series. Critics took Shaun as contactless as House. The only exception was the presence of the disease in the first character.
- It is worth noting that in terms of personality, Shaun has big problems, because he is not able to perceive information in an adult way. The guy’s consciousness is at the level of a 10-year-old child, due to which his actions seem immature.
- On the IMDb website, about 11 thousand people voted for the series, putting him at 7.7, which is considered an excellent indicator.
- Freddie Highmore became famous literally in an instant. Everyone knew that he was an actor, but did not even imagine how well he could show a sick person on a television screen.
- Antonia Thomas for some time was thinking about signing a contract for the 3rd season, as she received a more profitable, but short-lived offer from another channel. As a result, the girl managed to keep her place in the series and at the same time manage to take part in the new project.
The Good Doctor Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||February 2021|
|4x02||Series 2||February 2021|
|4x03||Series 3||February 2021|
|4x04||Series 4||February 2021|
|4x05||Series 5||February 2021|
|4x06||Series 6||February 2021|
|4x07||Series 7||February 2021|
|4x08||Series 8||February 2021|
|4x09||Series 9||February 2021|
|4x10||Series 10||February 2021|