The Handmaid’s Tale Season 4
The series tells about the near future, where women will almost completely stop giving birth to children and lose their place in life. The story is about June Osborne, which was shared with her family and forcibly made a surrogate mother. The series has been broadcast by the American company Hulu since April 26, 2017 and is one of the channel’s most successful projects.
When will the continuation of the series “The Handmaid’s Tale Season 4” be released?
The sequel to the dramatic thriller “The Handmaid’s Tale” will be released in late April 2020 on Hulu.
The series is based on the novel of the same name written by Margaret Atwood. The Canadian writer was able to revive a fictional world in which only men have the right to vote. And also to show what life would be like if its conditions had changed not for the better.
p.s. The premiere may be postponed due to the outbreak of coronavirus in the world.
Gilead is famous for its submission to pseudo-religious theocracy. The state is totalitarian, located on the territory that the United States previously occupied, and is constantly at odds with neighboring countries.
In the beginning, when the republic was just emerging, June saw with her own eyes how the accounts of all women were blocked, and men could manage any amounts, even had the right to work. At that time, where June is now, only one out of a hundred women is able to become pregnant and give birth to a healthy child.
Thus, all women whose husbands do not occupy high-ranking ranks are sent to specialized settlements. The essence of such places is the preparation of “maids” for the conception of children from wealthy men whose wives are not able to provide their families with offspring.
To give your own child to be brought up by strangers is a crime against nature. Therefore, many women tried to organize a riot and prove their innocence. Everything was in vain – the naughty “maids” were simply shot, not giving the opportunity to sow rebellion in the ranks of those who disagree. June Osborne had to become “maid” because she did not manage to hide from the republican government.
Along with these events, June’s former life is shown, where she was married, had a daughter. Gradually, it becomes clear how the authorities came to the decision to have maids and change their society beyond recognition. In season 4, June will experience new problems that will sow a grain of contention between her hosts and the rest of the maids.
Actors and their roles
- June Osborne – the maid of the Waterford family, forced to endure humiliation, bear a child for Fred and his barren wife; it soon becomes apparent that Fred cannot have children and June is pregnant by Nick’s driver – Elisabeth Moss.
- Nick Blaine – driver, in love with June; sincere, kind, but tries not to go openly against the system; tries to save his child, whom June carries; was forcibly married to a 15-year-old teenager, but he refused to have sexual intercourse with a child – Max Minghella.
- Frederick “Fred” Waterford – Master June, commander; accuses his wife that June does not like living in their house, but he does nothing to fix it; Fred repeatedly raped June, was left alone with her, which is prohibited – Joseph Fiennes.
- Serena Joy Waterford – wife of Fred; did everything possible to make June’s life unbearable; Serena behaved decently for some time, but then again set to nasty things – Yvonne Strahovski.
- In the frame, when June got a hit in the eye, the girl was actually hurt. Therefore, in the frame we see the real torment of Elisabeth Moss. The frame was originally successful and the actress only wanted to play it beautifully. After filming, Moss was taken to the nearest hospital to treat her face from infection, examination of wounds and suturing in the forehead.
- Such an unfriendly cast has not been seen, perhaps, since the time of the series “Desperate Housewives”, where Teri Hatcher was simply hated by the whole team. In the series “The Handmaid’s Tale”, there were similar disagreements between actors playing maids and playing rich. None of them communicate with each other unnecessarily.
- Yvonne Strahovski admitted that it is difficult to give scenes where her heroine has to behave emotionally. The director forced Yvonne to shoot doubles 10 or more times. In the end, Strahovski just lost her temper and started to throw a fit in the frame for real. The director especially liked such doubles, and Yvonne believes that he achieved complete hysteria.
- For a long time they could not find an actor for the role of Fred. To play a rich person, whose thinking for that time is considered normal, and for an ordinary person as sociopathic, is at least difficult for the actor himself. As a result, Joseph Fiennes was invited to the casting, who brilliantly coped with the role. With the face of an intelligent man, he did terrible things. Showrunners were delighted with him.
The Handmaid's Tale Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||postponed indefinitely|
|4x02||Series 2||postponed indefinitely|
|4x03||Series 3||postponed indefinitely|
|4x04||Series 4||postponed indefinitely|
|4x05||Series 5||postponed indefinitely|
|4x06||Series 6||postponed indefinitely|
|4x07||Series 7||postponed indefinitely|
|4x08||Series 8||postponed indefinitely|
|4x09||Series 9||postponed indefinitely|
|4x10||Series 10||postponed indefinitely|