The world is in chaos – now the birth of a healthy child has become a big problem, and the number of childbearing women is constantly decreasing. To keep society intact, the rulers of the Republic of Gilead came up with an innovative system. In an ordinary family, where there is a wife and an influential husband, a handmaid is assigned. It is she who must multiply the offspring of the family. And also to be quiet and submissive…
“The Handmaid’s Tale ss 5”: release date, announcement
The fourth season of the drama show “The Handmaid’s Tale” has not yet hit the air when the creators announced that a sequel will be filmed. The viewer is very pleased. And given the fact that almost all previous seasons were released in April, then, with a high degree of probability, the premiere of season 5 will also take place in April, but in 2022.
June, along with her husband and daughter, tried to hide from the government. As a result, the girl was taken away, her husband was killed, and June was sent to a school, where they trained maids who would later gratify powerful men. Only those who were able to give birth were included here. After giving birth, the children were taken from the maids and given to the wives of the commanders-in-chief to be raised.
June went to Fred and Serena Waterford. The wife hated handmaid and could hardly bear her presence in the house. Only the ability to bear children kept her for some time. Instead of the old name, June now had a new one – Offred. Servants were distinguished from each other by this name, which meant belonging to a particular house.
For a long time, Serena could not accept the obstinate handmaid, but after losing her finger, she reconsidered her views and even helped June in finding children. Serena’s relationship with her husband became more and more tense, which eventually resulted in dissatisfaction on both sides. Meanwhile, the handmaids continued to gather supporters to overthrow the government.
Frame from the TV showDuring the first 4 seasons, June was unable to reunite with her daughter, but managed to give birth to another child, for whom she managed to achieve a better life. The relationship with Nick continues. In Season 3, he was promoted to Commander, but life with June is not possible for him. An unsuccessful marriage with a young girl became a great test for him, which he did not pass.
Gilead is on the verge of disunity. The Handmaids and their supporters are slowly gaining leadership positions as the commanders, along with their henchmen, begin to question their own faith. Will June achieve a life worthy of herself? How will it end for her children and can she once again look into the eyes of her enemies?
Actors and their roles
- June Osborne – began life in Gilead as Fred’s maid; later became pregnant by Nick and gave birth to a girl named Nichole, whom Serena took from her; was able to win back the child and send the girl with her friend to Canada, where a quieter life continued, she herself remained in Gilead to take revenge on her enemies – Elisabeth Moss.
- Serena – wife of Commander Fred Waterford; for a long time bullied June, gave her false hopes of meeting her eldest daughter, but later sided with her and helped take Nichole out of the republic; lost her finger at the performance, after which she finally sided with June – Yvonne Strahovski.
- Nick – the driver of Waterford; good-natured, on his own mind; once did not report on June, which was a pleasant surprise for her, after that a relationship began between them, as a result of which June became pregnant and gave birth to a daughter; participates in helping the maids; does not want to have intimacy with his young wife – Max Minghella.
- Fred Waterford – Commander of the Republic of Gilead, husband of Serena; evil, cruel, hiding behind a mask of sympathy, in fact revels in power; rapes June in front of his wife, without a wife, is left alone with her, which is absolutely impossible to do; he tries in every possible way to make the handmaid barren, although he himself cannot have children – Joseph Fiennes.
- In 2017, the TV show “The Handmaid’s Tale” was nominated for an Emmy 8 times and as a result, 6 statuettes remained with the project. Elisabeth Moss was named Best Actress, Reed Morano was named Director of the Year, Ann Dowd was named Best Supporting Actress, Alexis Bledel was named Best Guest Actress, and Bruce Miller was named Best Writer.
- The idea for the plot belongs to the writer Margaret Atwood, who published the novel of the same name in 1985.
- The TV series is still rated at 8.65 on Rotten Tomatoes. This is the best indicator in the drama genre over the past 5 years. For Hulu, this is the best result in the entire history of its existence.
- In season 4, when June was choking Lydia according to the script, the actress tried so hard that there were marks of suffocation on Ann Dowd’s neck. Not a single film project can do without unpleasant incidents.
The Handmaid's Tale Season 5: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|5x01||Series 1||April 2022|
|5x02||Series 2||April 2022|
|5x03||Series 3||April 2022|
|5x04||Series 4||April 2022|
|5x05||Series 5||April 2022|
|5x06||Series 6||April 2022|
|5x07||Series 7||April 2022|
|5x08||Series 8||April 2022|
|5x09||Series 9||April 2022|
|5x10||Series 10||April 2022|