Dani Clayton runs away from the past, is constantly in search of herself and does not want to admit the obvious. Instead of close communication with her mother, she chooses to move to London, where she quickly finds a job that allows her to settle outside the city for a while. The manor is called Bly, and it is fraught with such horrors that are difficult to imagine…
“The Haunting of Bly Manor ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the terrifying show “The Haunting of Bly Manor” is expected by viewers already in October 2021, but when exactly the season 2 will be released is still unknown.
Official information says that filming began at the end of 2020, which means that you will first have to wait to enjoy the new episodes.
A young girl named Dani decides to get a job as a governess living in Bly Manor. She finds an ad and knows for sure that it has been in effect for more than six months. Feeling an obvious catch, the girl decides to talk to the employer. He turns out to be an influential man, an uncle of two children – for them he is looking for a governess.
Having found it difficult to find a common language with the client, Dani gets the job. Beautiful views near the manor, backgrounds of nature and wilderness – at first the girl is delighted, she enjoys the beauty. The children seem cute to her. Little Flora believes that everything in manor is flawless and does not get tired of telling others about it.
The older boy, her brother Miles, seems a little odd. And the information that he was recently sent back home from boarding school seems strange for a new governess. She taught for 9 years and knows very well that a child can only be expelled for a very good reason. But the boy is stubbornly silent about his past deeds.
Very soon, the guys show their true faces, and Dani begins to realize that something is wrong here. Flora devotes too much time to her dollhouse, which is full of monsters. If Dani touches at least one of her dolls, Flora reacts too violently to it. Not so long ago, in front of Flora’s eyes, the previous governess died, so Dani forgives everything to the girl.
Miles begins to test the girl’s patience. He brings her huge spiders in the hope of scaring her, closes her in a cupboard for several hours… Dani feels that she is gradually starting to go crazy, she sees ghosts in mirrors, in nearby buildings… But going back to her own past is much more terrifying for her than meeting face to face with the ghosts from the Bly Manor…
Actors and their roles
- Dani – the new governess of two children, a girl named Flora and her older brother, Miles; currently resides in Bly Manor, where the world is full of monsters and stories about them; tries to provide children with a comfortable existence, but from time to time they seem to live in their own space; Dani is smart, discerning, has experience working with children – Victoria Pedretti.
- Miles – a 9-year-old boy who was recently expelled from the boarding school for inappropriate behavior, which consisted of poking fun at others; as soon as his actions were too violent, Miles was sent home, and this was the main reason that his uncle needed the help of the governess – Benjamin Evan Ainsworth.
- Flora – an optimistic girl; the only thing that throws her off balance are the dolls she makes to protect the house; Flora strongly recommends Dani not to leave her room at night and gets very upset when she does not comply with the request; recently she saw the body of her previous governess, whom Flora loved, go with the flow – Amelie Bea Smith.
- As it turned out on the set, Victoria Pedretti, although she dreamed of getting the role of Dani, was scared to hell of ghosts. Believing in all sorts of signs, the girl often lit a lamp before starting work. The directors laughed that all their clothes were already soaked through with aromatic oils, and there were more icons on the set than cameras.
- The film was executive produced by Diane Ademu-John, known for her participation in the creation of the TV shows “The Vampire Diaries”, “The Originals“, “Empire” and others. Since 2001, Diane has occasionally helped write scripts, and on “The Haunting of Bly Manor” she helped write the storyline for the first three episodes.
- Much attention is paid to music in the TV series. That is why experienced craftsmen such as Patrizio Farrell, Hugo Santiago, John Alvarez and others were invited. They helped create masterpiece tunes that fit so well with the show’s shocking temperament.
- The sight of little Amelie Bea Smith really scared the audience, who suspected that the girl had health problems outside the set. We hasten to inform you that the incredible circles under the eyes of a child are just a skillfully done work of make-up artists who tried to create a unique and memorable image for Flora.
The Haunting of Bly Manor Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||October 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||October 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||October 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||October 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||October 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||October 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||October 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||October 2021|
10 Best Horror TV Shows of the Last 10 Years