The series tells about a family that was forced to leave home due to the constant onslaught of dark forces. A few years later they have to return to the past place of residence, but instead of uniting against the tragedy, on the contrary, they only move away from each other. Can a common misfortune reunite a happy family again?
When will the series “The Haunting 2” be released?
The mystical show “The Haunting of Hill House” has been renewed for a second season, which will be called “The Haunting of Bly Manor“. The first episode starts on October 9, 2020 on Netflix.
The premiere of season 1 took place on October 7, 2018 – it consisted of 10 episodes lasting 45 minutes.
In the distant past, the ordinary large family Crain decided to live in a country house. Quiet, beautiful place in the Victorian style. All members of the household enjoyed their time here, but soon events occurred that made them change their mind about the ill-fated home. The younger daughter, Nell, constantly spoke of the ghost — the lady with the scar on her neck.
No one believed in the tales of the little girl, and soon the mysterious death of the mother forced the rest of the family to leave the place and go in search of another home. The father flatly refused to let journalists and other onlookers into the house, restricting children from the events that occurred on their last day in the house. Even years later, the head of the family did not want to reveal secrets that were known only to him alone.
Nell was never able to recover – the girl was constantly tormented by nightmares. As adults, all the children traveled to different cities, found suitable professions and more or less started living on.
The unexpected call of the youngest daughter to her father made them all come together again – the girl again saw a strange lady with a scar. Panicked, his father rushed to help his daughter, but other family members were not so selflessly disposed. For further searches, it is necessary to visit the mansion again, from where they left in a hurry.
Not all children agree with a mad father who believes in mystical creatures that live in a mysterious house. But the common misfortune forced them to go to that distant, ill-starred place. The outcome of the first season did not give the audience answers to all the questions that have arisen, so the ambulance premiere of season 2 is simply obliged to open the veil of secrecy and tell about the future of the main characters.
Actors and their roles
- Olivia Crain – the lost mother of a large family, a kind woman, the mystery of whose death is still a mystery to everyone except her husband Hugh – Carla Gugino.
- Hugh Crain – Olivia’s husband, a loving father, who had barely escaped death from the ghosts of his own house, was unable to raise children, as a result of which they were all in different cities, sent to the children after the call from Nell – Timothy Hutton.
- Shirley – the daughter of Olivia and Hugh, works in a funeral home, in appearance and character resembles her mother, treats children well, tries to bring her brothers and sisters closer, but without success – Elizabeth Reaser.
- Theodora – the daughter of Olivia and Hugh, is responsible for her work, loves alcohol and short connections with girls, suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder — in this state a person is constantly in fear of being infected with microbes – Kate Siegel.
- Steven – the son of Olivia and Hugh, does not believe in paranormal phenomena, although he writes books on this subject, came under the yoke of the family when he wrote a book about events in the lives of his loved ones, he is kind, but does not help his relatives, tries to stay away from them – Michiel Huisman.
- Nell – became a young victim of ghosts, after which she was unable to recover, lost her mind, occasionally comes to the old house to spend time in it, during the life she encounters the ghost of a woman with her throat slit – Victoria Pedretti.
- Luke – after child injuries he began to indulge in drugs, as a result of which he became a drug addict, stealing property even from his own relatives – Oliver Jackson-Cohen.
- The series is based on the story of the same name by the great writer Shirley Jackson. The book was published 59 years before the premiere of the series. Jackson became the creator of a new genre, when it comes to not the ghosts themselves, but about the terrible events in the lives of people who could not survive the previous losses.
- The first screened version of the book was a film by Robert Wise, released in 1963, and the second – a film with popular stars Catherine Zeta-Jones and Liam Neeson. The adaptation of Netflix is the third in a row, and after the release of season 1 we can say that the most successful.
- Horror lover Mike Flanagan, who presented the world with the mystical thrillers “Ouija: Origin of Evil”, “Oculus” and “Gerald’s Game”, became the scriptwriter and director of the series “The Haunting of Hill House”. Mike loves not only to watch TV shows of this genre, but also to take the most active part in their creation.
- Reviews from critics agree that the series resembles the picture “This is us”, where the meaning of the story is also the strange story of one of the families. Both pictures only over time reveal to the viewer the characters, gradually opening the veil of secrecy.
The Haunting of Hill House Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 9, 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||October 9, 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||October 9, 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||October 9, 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||October 9, 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||October 9, 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||October 9, 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||October 9, 2020|
|2x09||Series 9||October 9, 2020|