Spain has become a supplier of interesting and exciting film projects in recent years. The most striking pictures (“Three Steps Above Heaven”, “The Invisible Guest”, “Money Heist“, “Elite“, etc.) received crazy ratings and worldwide recognition, and also existed for more than one season. The new TV series “The Head” is no exception. The first season was successful, but can we expect a sequel?
The genre is a psychological thriller.
The premiere of the season 1 took place on June 12, 2020 (6 episodes).
“The Head ss 2”: release date, announcement
The premiere of the season 1 took place in the summer of 2020, after which there was no news about the plans of the producers for the project for a long time. Finally, more than a year later, in October 2021, it was officially announced that the TV series “The Head” would receive a sequel. Filming for the new episodes began in the fall of 2021, while the main production team remained the same. The story is known to unfold on a container ship.
As for the premiere date for Season 2 of “The Head”, it has not yet been officially announced. Unofficial sources claim that the continuation of the TV series is planned to be launched in the end of 2022. We continue to follow the news and will update the information as something becomes known.
p.s. Officially: the premiere of the season 2 of the TV show “The Head” is scheduled for December 22, 2022!
At the Antarctic research station “Polaris VI” there is a holiday: the summer group is ready to go home on a well-deserved rest, leaving 10 people for the next 6 months. Among them are the group leader, biologists, two nurses, a signalman, a mechanic, a technician and a cook. And it all started, as usual, with watching the movie “The Thing”, but one day a terrible thing happens: one of the team members was found dead.
It is known that there are no random people in Antarctica, there are only wild animals around, and there is a huge distance to the nearest neighbors, scientists. So what happened to Miles Porter? Who killed him and why? And will he be the only victim? One thing is clear: the killer is at the station, and he is one of the winter group. In the polar night conditions, nerves begin to fail, everyone is covered with Polar T3 syndrome, but the main test is ahead…
Johan Berg, who is due to take up his summer service, leaves for Polaris VI ahead of schedule: his wife, Annika, has not been in touch for weeks. Alarmed and anticipating trouble, Johan finds the only survivor at the station – Maggie, scared to death. After receiving medical attention, the girl begins her scary story…
Eight years ago, Sarah Jackson spent the winter on Polaris V. She was pleased with the results of the research, but one day Arthur Wilde, the respected world scientist who leads the group, showed rudeness and arrogance, and wanted to get Sarah. The woman began to resist, and then fell, hitting her head on the corner of the table. Sarah died instantly. The entire team of Polaris V found out about what had happened and started a fire: no station, no evidence. But years later, the truth surfaced. This was learned by the daughters of the deceased scientist, one of whom was Maggie Mitchell…
- Johan Berg — summer expedition commander; arrived at the station 3 weeks earlier, since there was no news from his wife, who remained there for the winter; investigates the death of almost the entire winter group — Alexandre Willaume.
- Maggie Mitchell — a young girl who went to winter for the first time; works at the station as a nurse; began to avenge her mother, who was an outstanding scientist and died while working at the Polaris V station — Katharine O’Donnelly.
- Annika Lundqvist — ambitious, purposeful, intelligent woman, biologist; Johan’s wife; does not want to share joint discoveries with a famous scientist, so she decided to stay for the winter at Polaris VI — Laura Bach.
- Arthur Wilde — an internationally renowned scientist; is on the verge of a discovery that can save humanity by stopping climate change; a domineering person with a manifestation of cruelty; accidentally killed Sarah Jackson of Polaris V — John Lynch.
- The shooting took place in the Canary Islands in Spain – on the island of Tenerife. The film crew also worked in Iceland, where they filmed scenes outside the station.
- For the filming of the series, the Polaris V base was specially built – a huge set located on the top of the Tenerife hill, on the territory of the former Mercedes warehouse. In addition to the built research base, filming took place in the capital of Tenerife – Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Season 1 of the TV show tells about the Polar T3 syndrome that exists in reality. In the polar night conditions, the level of the thyroid hormone T3 and immunity in general decrease, including due to the fact that vitamins are poorly absorbed by the body; irritability, insomnia, forgetfulness, confusion about the time of day appears; the body stops the production of serotonin, the hormone of joy, etc. All this directly affects the psyche and is very common among polar explorers.
The Head Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||December 22, 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||December 22, 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||December 22, 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||December 22, 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||December 22, 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||December 22, 2022|