As a little boy, Uhtred tried to impress his father, who spent most of his life in bloody battles. Once the Danes decided to attack the British, and in this battle, Uhtred’s father was killed. Deciding to avenge his parent, he tries to destroy his offender. But instead, the boy becomes his slave.
“The Last Kingdom ss 5”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the historical serial drama “The Last Kingdom” became known back in July 2020 from the management of Netflix. Then it was announced that the season 5 will be the final.
Filming for the new episodes was completed in the summer of 2021 and fans of the film were eagerly awaiting their premiere in late 2021. However, the show of the season 5 will take place only on March 9, 2022.
The Danes were known for their love of worship of pagan deities, which the British could never accept. Uhtred was a good child, but the king father never loved him. His father’s brother dreamed of getting rid of his nephew. One had only to wait until the father leaves for the next world, and to solve the question with the little boy is not a problem at all.
But everything was decided differently. After the death of his father, Uhtred is captured by the Danes. At first, he was aggressive towards his father’s killer. But the longer he lives with an unfamiliar people, the more he likes them. When uncle decided to buy Uhtred from his enemies, his father’s killer decided to give a large amount of money, only to keep the boy with him.
Years passed, Uhtred dreamed of becoming a native Dane and marrying the girls of this people. But the British attacked the Danes and killed the family that raised Uhtred. Having decided to take revenge on everyone who is guilty of the death of his named father, the guy goes to the beginning – to the British. To those whom he had to rule for a long time. But here he has a difficult path.
The very uncle who had previously dreamed of destroying Uhtred meets him first. Now Uhtred is not a little boy, which means that his opinion will have to be reckoned with. Thus began the most large-scale events in the life of a young guy who decided to avenge the killing of people close to him. For a long time, Brida accompanies him – a girl who escaped with Uhtred and became a slave.
The show is famous for its cruelty. Here and violence against children, and an abundance of scenes of a sexual nature, sophisticated torture, murder, moral and physical humiliation. To lovers of such projects – welcome to the historical world, where every moment is filled with bloodshed and crazy tricks of the kings!
Actors and their roles
- Uhtred – the son of the king of the English; saw the death of his father; captured by the enemies, but was able to survive and be in good standing with the Danes; had a sexual relationship with Brida, but later found another woman for himself; Uhtred is arrogant, but it gets away with it – Alexander Dreymon.
- Brida – a childhood friend of Uhtred; with him grew up in a Danish family; was able to escape with Uhtred when their family was burned; she later became an ardent hater of Uhtred, as he changed his mind about the Anglo-Saxons; was pregnant from him, but soon after a miscarriage she became the wife of Ragnar – Emily Cox.
- Ubba – one of the most cruel Danes; able to win any war alone, because he skillfully uses the sword and has a powerful configuration – Rune Temt.
- Thyra – the daughter of the man Uhtred lived with; was abducted by her old enemy, who had no eyes after a child skirmish with Uhtred and Thyra; for a long time Uhtred did not know that she was alive and the girl lived in terrible torment – Julia Bache-Wiig.
- The Danes and the Anglo-Saxons, although they were different nations, but spoke the same language. Some historical journals state the opposite, but philologists are convinced that they did not need a translator. There were some difficult points, but for the most part they concerned slang, not the language in general. In the series, the Danes and Anglo-Saxons have one language.
- In real history, there is such a character as Uhtred of Bebbanburg. He lived in the middle of the 9th-10th centuries, but never before had a single screenwriter tried to write an interesting plot for the series. He really wanted to move the Danes closer to the British, since it was impossible to engage in agriculture in Denmark and the soil was barren.
- Make-up artists tried very hard to give men soldiers a formidable look, framing their faces with matted dirty hair. But in reality, they looked much worse – their hair was many times longer and their faces were dirtier. Lush hair prevented from seeing, so make-up artists decided to cut off the unnecessary part and make the hair of the actors shorter. So it was more convenient for everyone.
- The film crew most often filmed in Budapest and only occasionally went to other cities to create atmosphere in the show. A lot of money goes to the scenery, but the director decided to shoot in real locations, which also requires large financial investments.
The Last Kingdom Season 5: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||March 9, 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||March 9, 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||March 9, 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||March 9, 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||March 9, 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||March 9, 2022|
|2x07||Series 7||March 9, 2022|
|2x08||Series 8||March 9, 2022|
|2x09||Series 9||March 9, 2022|
|2x10||Series 10||March 9, 2022|