Amazon decided to develop its greatest piece – “The Lord of the Rings”. It is already known that the events of the TV series “The Lord of the Rings” will be strikingly different from the events described in the film. The creators of the show have grandiose plans, so let’s not hesitate and find out what the series, based on the stories of John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, will be for the viewer.
“The Lord of the Rings ss 1”: release date, announcement
The premiere screening of the long-awaited fantasy film “The Lord of the Rings” was scheduled for 2020. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, filming was suspended and resumed only in the summer 2020. Season 1 will premiere in September 2022!
Three years ago, Amazon Studios acquired access to the original source material and began developing the show’s script. The rivalry took place between Netflix and Amazon, but in the end the $ 250 million sum left Amazon winning.
p.s. Officially: the premiere of the season 1 of the TV show “The Lord of the Rings” will take place on September 1, 2022!
The events of the first season will tell about Aragorn and his life. He is one of the main heroes, the king of the Reunited Kingdom. Many people know him by the nickname Strider, who is considered one of the great rulers of the time. Aragorn helped his people in the fight against Sauron, was able to destroy the Rings of Power and even reconnect Arnor and Gondor.
In order not to reveal all the secrets before the premiere, but to keep the intrigue, the creators of the show periodically post various information related to the TV series on the network. Thus, in early 2019, viewers discovered a Twitter account dedicated to the show, which contained an empty card with only one poem from the book.
Amazon has huge plans for this hero – by launching a TV series in 2021, where Aragorn will become a key figure in season 1, they want to put the world famous show “Game of Thrones” in second place, identifying themselves as winners in the battle for popularity and love spectators.
As the series takes place before the events described in the feature film “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”, viewers will learn more about Aragorn’s early years and the hardships that made him so morose. The official Twitter account does not provide clear information, but is gradually replenished with fresh photos dedicated to the show.
Anyone who has visited the account can explore the map, which is interactive, but apart from a poem called “Three Rings”, there are no other signs yet. The Peter Jackson trilogy will remain untouched as the writers have enough material to film their own TV series, while also containing several usable seasons.
Actors and their roles
There is no information about the participants in the show yet, because the auditions are in full swing. Only the opinions of the actors who played in full-length films are known:
- The performer of the role of Gandalf, Ian McKellen, can play his character again. Ian is confident that at 79 he is able to do it. Moreover, at the time of the beginning of events, Gandalf is only 7000 years old.
- John Rhys-Davies, remembered by the audience for his role as the gnome Gimli, refused to even talk about the show “The Lord of the Rings”. In an interview with BBC Radio, he stated that the author of the book will “roll over in his grave” when Amazon launches the show. Such harsh statements did not go unnoticed and gave rise to many conflicts.
- Many viewers remember that Aragorn was previously played by the inimitable Viggo Mortensen. So now the creators of the TV series face a difficult task – to make their Aragorn as similar to Mortensen as possible. If the authors want to change it beyond recognition, then the audience may not like such a character.
- Two talented people are working on the adaptation of the script at once – JD Payne and Patrick McKay. They approached the work so seriously that even when the script was completely written, they did not tell anyone about it – the pressure from the fans, who wanted to know about the events in the series, was so strong that it was better to remain silent.
- The Peter Jackson trilogy will absolutely not be repeated on the show. The creators plan to show at least 5 seasons, the events of which are only indirectly related to “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”. Only the events of the last seasons will tell about the film, but from the point of view of other authors.
- On the UGO Networks website, Aragorn is listed among the best heroes in the fictional universe of all history. Empire magazine included the character in the hundred best movie heroes, so the actor Viggo Mortensen was on the 15th line of the rating.
- Rumor has it that Peter Jackson was offered to participate in the project, but it is still unknown how he responded.
- The budget for season 1 exceeded $ 100 million – not including the $ 250 million spent on the rights to adapt “The Lord of the Rings” into a TV series. Even before season 1, Amazon allocated $ 1 billion for several seasons ahead. It remains to find out how successful the picture will become and how many new viewers Amazon will have.
The Lord of the Rings season 1: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|1x01||Series 1||September 1, 2022|
|1x02||Series 2||September 1, 2022|
|1x03||Series 3||September 8, 2022|
|1x04||Series 4||September 15, 2022|
|1x05||Series 5||September 22, 2022|
|1x06||Series 6||September 29, 2022|
|1x07||Series 7||October 6, 2022|
|1x08||Series 8||October 13, 2022|