Ilonka’s normal teenage life ends the moment she learns of a terrible diagnosis. The carcinoma, spreading through the body at an incredible speed, eats her alive. Breast cancer is what Ilonka says to those who are ignorant of medical terms. When the treatment stops working, she has a ghostly chance for a long life…
“The Midnight Club ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the detective thriller “The Midnight Club” has not yet been officially announced, although according to unofficial data, the season 2 can be seen in the fall of 2023.
The TV show is based on the books by Christopher Pike, and the creators have enough material to extend it for at least 3 seasons.
Stanford University, crazy parties and complete self-reliance have always been present in Ilonka. Raised by her father, she tried to bring only the best into her life and never thought about death. The next party was the beginning of the end for her: the girl found traces of blood after she coughed unsuccessfully. This alarmed her.
Deciding to get checked out in a medical clinic, she discovers that she is a carrier of carcinoma — a tumor that very quickly devours healthy cells in the body. A person quickly loses weight, feels unwell, the immune system weakens and does not give the patient the opportunity to recover. If a person does not detect carcinoma in advance, then he can die in a matter of days. Ilonka has a few months left.
When the usual treatment ceases to bring results, the girl leaves for the hospice — there are many of the same teenagers who have very little time left. Some live here for months, waiting to die. But Ilonka, although she is sick, is not able to accept the fact of her imminent death. Giving up is definitely not about her. To begin with, she decides to get to know her neighbors better.
Soon the girl learns that teenagers gather every midnight in a secret place. There they drink alcohol, tell each other scary stories, share experiences and try to think less about death as something bad. Here, Ilonka finds friends with similar interests, because sooner or later all of them will have to say goodbye to their loved ones and go to the other world.
The guys conclude an oral agreement, according to which the first one who succumbs to his illness will have to give a sign from the other world. Soon one of them dies, and the rest become hostages of the situation. They receive frightening signals from the underworld, and Ilonka decides that the guys have a real chance to save themselves and their friends from the disease.
Everything turns out to be more complicated than it seems. Some no longer want to escape and become victims of demons, which Ilonka is ready to release outside. Will the friends in the club be able to escape, or will the girl only make it worse if she tries to help them? For Ilonka, the choice is obvious and she will stop at nothing.
Actors and their roles
- Ilonka — a cancer patient who ended up in a hospice where she can be given better care; quickly adapts to life here, as she gets along well with almost everyone; becomes one of the members of the Midnight Club and is inspired by the mythical idea of being saved from cancer in a magical way — Iman Benson.
- Kevin — has been in hospice for several months now; is the unspoken leader of the company — Igby Rigney.
- Dr. Georgina Stanton — owner of the hospice; helps everyone calmly say goodbye to the world; hides many secrets that the guys are interested to know — Heather Langenkamp.
- Amesh — counts every day, hour and minute of stay in the hospice, although many guys do not believe that this is really the case; acts as one of those who prevent Ilonka from getting into the basement, because he is scared to death of what could happen to the girl — Sauriyan Sapkota.
- From March 15 to September 10, 2021, the production process lasted. The main filming location was Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.
- Christopher Pike’s book of the same name was published in 1994. The author uses a pen name that is a reference to one of the heroes of the “Star Trek” universe, and his real name is Kevin Christopher McFadden. He is known for his children’s fantasy books. Currently, the writer owns more than 200 published works.
- Iman Benson was one of the last actresses approved for the role. Considering that she had a lot of work to do on herself, the casting was carried out in several stages. The girl even had to lose weight in order to look more like a person whose body is being devoured by an insidious disease.
The Midnight Club Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||autumn 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||autumn 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||autumn 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||autumn 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||autumn 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||autumn 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||autumn 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||autumn 2023|
|2x09||Series 9||autumn 2023|
|2x10||Series 10||autumn 2023|