An unknown person Albert Ruddy decides to become a producer. Possessing a talent for thinking logically, he recruits a team of professionals to bring the legendary book “The Godfather” to life on the screen. The TV series “The Offer” tells about the events taking place behind the scenes, and also reveals the identities of the people who worked on the popular project.
“The Offer ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the biographical drama “The Offer” is currently not officially announced. Despite the low ratings of the season 1, film critics do not exclude the possibility of the release of the season 2. If this happens, then most likely in the spring of 2023.
According to some sources, showrunner Michael Tolkin was originally set to show viewers at least 20 episodes, and the rich history of “The Godfather” makes it possible to write a script for the next season.
1970s. Albert Ruddy, along with a neighbor, goes to a party where film lovers have gathered. Unrelated to cinema, Ruddy was working as a programmer at the time. But few people from the environment could imagine that his current profession is the key to the future. At that moment, people had no idea about computer technology, preferring films.
At the same party, Albert accidentally sees Robert Evans, the director of film production at Paramount Pictures, who already had several successful films on his account. Inspired by conversations about filming, scripts and other intricacies of work, Albert decides to try his luck. After making an appointment with Paramount producers, he develops a script for an upcoming TV series.
The idea works out well and Ruddy gets the job. But the desire to move on does not leave him, and soon Albert becomes a producer who works with Evans. They often disagree, but are similar in character. Both are purposeful, aware of what is happening and do not like to retreat.
On the other side of town, a man named Mario Puzo can’t sell a single copy of his new book. Around the corner he is beaten for debts, and Mario understands that people are not interested in his work, they want emotions. The wife suggests taking the idea of a story about gangsters to the discretion. Realizing that debts must be repaid, Puzo decides to write at least something. He develops a story about a family of gangsters, which immediately gets the name “The Godfather”.
The book will hit store shelves soon. But world fame is still far away. Puzo and Ruddy are in for a lot of unpleasant events that will eventually lead them to each other. In the season 1, they met, which became the beginning of a long and difficult path to the film adaptation of the book. And what will happen next?
Actors and their roles
- Albert Ruddy — worked in a large corporation as a programmer, then went into the film industry, where he was able to show his strengths; an impudent guy, which is what is needed for production activities; brought up by his mother, speaks of her with trepidation and respect; in love with a rich girl who owns a hotel; on good terms with the secretary who helps him in everything — Miles Teller.
- Robert Evans — a lover of easily accessible women, cars, alcohol, money and just a beautiful life; has a strong character; performs the duties of a film production manager and successfully introduces one film after another — Matthew Goode.
- Mario Puzo — a failed writer who prefers to work for quality over quantity; the need forces him to “stamp” works that will be of interest to society, and then the plot of the long-awaited book is born, which has become megapopular — Patrick Gallo.
- Bettie — Albert’s assistant; smart, self-confident girl; does not stand still and helps Ruddy move only forward; easily found a common language with him, because she is as arrogant as her new boss — Juno Temple.
- Francis Ford Coppola — director of world renown; worked on “The Godfather”; is an unpleasant figure for Puzo, whose opinion in the film adaptation was practically not taken into account — Dan Fogler.
- Albert Ruddy, a real-life human being, became one of the executive producers of the TV series. At the time of filming the 1st season, he was 91 years old. He still hasn’t retired and feels great. In 1980, he married for the second time to Wanda McDaniel, executive vice president of Italian designer Giorgio Armani.
- Armie Hammer, who recently appeared in “Death on the Nile” movie, has been approached several times to star in a TV series, but repeatedly turned down. The actor did not like something all the time. Then Miles Teller came to replace him.
- After a string of setbacks, Warner Brothers decided to halt filming of the “Fantastic Beasts” films, in which Dan Fogler played Jacob Kowalski. Just at this moment, Vogler received an offer to star in the TV show “The Offer”.
The Offer Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|
There definitely needs to be a season 2 of The Offer. As an obsessed fan of the Godfather movies, looking into the insite of how the movie was made and all the ups and downs of it. Having read the stories about the Godfather and its cast is for sure epic. They can’t just stop now without us knowing everything that happens to the very end.