The Outsider Season 2
In a small town, a terrifying murder takes place – a little boy was brought into the forest and cruelly abused his body. It was not only in the branches that were found in the child, but also in strange bites that belonged to a particular person. A man who was seen in two places at the same time by video…
When will the episode “The Outsider Season 2” be released?
The continuation of the crime TV show “The Outsider” was not announced in official sources for a long time. Only in November 2020 it became known that preparations were under way for the filming of the season 2. We hope that November 2021 will bring us the long-awaited new episodes.
The series is based on the novel by Stephen King “The Outsider”, which during the year earned the title of best seller. Judging by the stunning success of the season 1, the series can rightfully be considered one of the best adaptations based on the novels of the famous author.
Ralph Anderson is considered one of the best police detectives and this despite the fact that several years ago he had to face a terrible tragedy. His little son was abducted, and soon the body of a child was found in the forest, all in blood, with signs of violence. The criminal was never found, but Ralph did not lose hope of justice.
A few years later, the story repeats itself, and this time Ralph comes to the challenge with a team of experts. In a short time they collect witnesses, evidence and find the culprit. It turns out to be the coach of the baseball team – Terry. The man was not previously attracted and did not cause people to doubt his adequacy, but now the situation requires tough measures.
By order of Ralph, Terry is arrested right at the stadium, and then taken to the police for interrogation. Terry can’t understand what’s the matter, because he knows for sure that at the time of the murder of this child he was at a press conference in another city and this can be confirmed by colleagues, video cameras in the hotel, as well as prints left by him on one book from the hotel.
Ralph also has numerous evidence that literally scream about Terry’s involvement. Comparing the videos of the lawyer and his own, Ralph realizes that a person similar to Terry was in two different places at the same time. How is this possible? They have yet to find out the answers to these questions, but for now, darkness is approaching the city…
Terry’s daughter sees an unknown person in the corner of her room, which scares her mother terribly. And on the road near their house, something appears whose face is extremely difficult to see under the dense hood. Stephen King, as always, leaves many puzzles to his readers, and viewers can only guess how one person can split at the most inopportune moment.
Actors and their roles
- Ralph Anderson – a detective who is investigating the murder of a boy; a few years ago he lost his son, who was killed in a similar way; then the killer was not found, so Ralph is trying by all means to get to the truth this time; he is calm, prudent and difficult to meet new people – Ben Mendelsohn.
- Terry – accused in the case of the murder of a child in the forest; works as captain of a children’s baseball team; married, raised two daughters until he was sent to prison; tries to justify his good name with the help of a lawyer and eventually finds evidence of his innocence, although Ralph has facts about Terry’s involvement – Jason Bateman.
- Howard – a lawyer for Terry; family friend; he volunteered to defend his friend and found videos on which Terry was thousands of kilometers at the time of the murder; Howie understands both Ralph and Terry; is at a loss how a person can be noted in two places at the same time – Bill Camp.
- Jeannie – Ralph’s wife; good-natured; experiencing the death of her son, like her husband; goes to the cemetery, but doesn’t forget to live the same life – Mare Winningham.
- Jason Bateman loves King’s novels and is constantly re-reading the “Misery” bestselling book, in which the man was not lucky to meet a crazy woman who decided to keep him locked up until he wrote a book for her. Jason read the novel “The Outsider” even before he was asked to take a look at the script for the series.
- Stephen King himself modestly refused to take part in the development of the series, but with pleasure agreed that his name was inscribed in the column of scriptwriters.
- Ben Mendelsohn became one of the casting cast members. Usually, actors are invited to play the main roles, but this time the directors decided to look at those who wish. Ben fit perfectly into the image of a depressed policeman at the crossroads of duty and justice.
- The territorial location of Terry’s house is under the strictest confidence to avoid the influx of fans. The first season was received with great enthusiasm, so it is likely that soon the fans will begin to occupy the house, as was the case with “The 100“.
The Outsider Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||November 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||November 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||November 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||November 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||November 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||November 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||November 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||November 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||November 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||November 2021|