Flynne Fisher, at the request of her brother, is testing a novelty in the world of VR games. As planned, she loses consciousness and ends up in a city that looks like London. By completing the tasks given to her by the voice in her head, Flynne earns the money she needs. One day, everything does not go according to plan, and Flynne herself barely manages to get out of the game. But it turns out that this is only the beginning of her troubles…
“The Peripheral ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the fantastic TV show “The Peripheral” is already being prepared for release. The fact that work is underway on the season 2 became officially known during the show of the season 1. The exact date of the premiere of the new episodes is still unknown, but it is scheduled for the fall of 2023.
Married couple Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy worked on the TV series “Westworld” for many years, which was canceled after 4 seasons. Now they are fully focused on their new project and plan to show the audience a lot more about Flynne.
Burton Fisher spent most of his time playing games. He earned much less than his sister Flynne, who had long ago decided to give up this way of earning. The girl could always find a way out of a losing situation, but she did not want to become a hostage of the virtual world. There were enough other concerns in the world that Burton forgot about, but Flynne always remembered.
She worked in an electronic store that made copies of game devices. She had to spend every salary on her sick mother, who was on pills. She had no opportunity to get such a drug legally, so Flynne had to turn to local drug dealers. Burton also tried to make money in the virtual world.
One day, Flynne receives a package from an unknown addressee at work. The box contains a unique device that Flynne sees for the first time. After bringing it home, she realizes that her brother knows what to do with it. Burton invites his sister to try out the novelty and she agrees. The game appears to be real. You can feel the wind, cold, any touch, and even pain.
A voice appears in Flynne’s head telling her what to do. At first, everything looks like an innocent simulator, and she is very willing to complete the first assignment. She can only leave the game when the voice in her head allows it, so when Flynne’s virtual life is threatened after the second mission, the girl loses her nerve. She exits the game with the thought of never touching it again.
But soon Flynne is contacted by a man named Wilf Netherton. He scares the girl with statements that she will have to continue to carry out tasks in the game, because otherwise she will be killed. Deciding that all this is not true, Flynne goes home. Very soon, near the house with a sick mother, the first shootout in her life happens. The girl understands that she needs to find a way out immediately.
It soon becomes clear that the world that Flynne thought was virtual actually exists. Now her goal is to search for the truth, which will tell who and why connected the two worlds together. But the enemies have already attacked the trail of the Fishers and now they cannot hide from the eternal chase that unleashed because of the parallel world…
Actors and their roles
- Flynne Fisher — a young VR gamer who prefers to earn money by working in a store rather than sitting in a gaming chair all the time; is testing a unique invention that introduces a person into a futuristic London and at the same time preserves the sense of smell, touch and other senses — Chloë Grace Moretz.
- Burton Fisher — Flynne’s older brother; spends most of the time playing; in especially difficult situations, asks Flynne to reach a new level; likes to spend time with old friends; one of the first to know about the hunt that is being conducted on his family; at first, Flynne plays on his behalf, since it was he who was to test the virtual game — Jack Reynor.
- Wilf Netherton — always knows more than he says; reveals to the Fishers the truth about the world in which they were trying to make money, since he knew about its existence much longer — Gary Carr.
- For 6 weeks, the Amazon Prime chart has given primacy to the TV series “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power“. But just a week after the release of the sci-fi thriller “The Peripheral”, the picture moved to second place.
- Actress Chloë Grace Moretz has repeatedly appeared in popular projects. Her acting career began with the supernatural film “The Amityville Horror” (2005) when Chloë was only 8 years old. The projects “500 Days of Summer”, “Desperate Housewives”, “Dirty Sexy Money”, “My Name Is Earl”, as well as scoring the animated series “Bolt”, “The Addams Family” brought her fame.
- Jack Reynor was one of the first actors to be cast on a TV show.
- William Gibson wrote the book “The Peripheral”, which served as the basis for writing the script for the 1st season. The novel was released in 2014, and 6 years later the novel “Agency” appeared, where another girl became the main character and lived in an alternative reality.
- Filming began in May and ended in November 2021. The main locations were chosen in London, England and Marshall, North Carolina, USA.
The Peripheral Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||autumn 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||autumn 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||autumn 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||autumn 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||autumn 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||autumn 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||autumn 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||autumn 2023|