The manga “The Promised Neverland” has gained a huge following worldwide. Therefore, no one doubted that an anime adaptation would be released soon. The first season of the adaptation received great reviews – anime fans were looking forward to the sequel, which was a little delayed. Season 2 was originally scheduled for release in October 2020, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, viewers only saw the long-awaited new episodes in January 2021. Should we wait for season 3?
Genre – fantasy, thriller.
Season 1 premiered on April 13, 2019.
Season 2 premiere – January 7, 2021.
“For Life ss 2”: release date, announcement
The season 2 of the adored anime “The Promised Neverland” disappointed fans of Emma and her friends. Haste – that’s what the viewer saw in the new episodes. The director showed the events covering chapters 38 to 181 of the manga so quickly that this directly affected the rating of the anime. Since all chapters of the manga have received adaptations, there will most likely not be a continuation of the series. However, critics are sure that other stories can be created based on the original manga, which theoretically can be filmed. We continue to follow the news.
The gate connects the orphanage with the outside world. And what is behind them? Mom Isabella told the children that it was very dangerous outside the gates, so they should not leave the territory. Children of “Grace Field House” obeyed their mother unquestioningly, because they loved her for her kindness and affection. All the inhabitants of the House lived as one big happy family. Until Emma and Norman accidentally find out the truth.
One day a holiday came for one little girl – her foster parents took her away. Saying goodbye to the boys and girls, Conny went with Isabella outside the gate. Seeing Conny’s forgotten toy, which she never let go of her hands, Emma and Norman ran after her. However, the guys had to see an unimaginable horror: Conny’s lifeless body was lying in the truck with the rest of the garbage. Overhearing the conversation of the two monsters, Emma and Norman learned that “Grace Field House” is a factory for the production of high quality meat, raised for wealthy customers.
Seeing the true face of “Mom”, the guys began to come up with an escape plan. But it’s not that simple. The three of them can escape, taking Ray, their best friend. But for Emma, saving all children, without exception, became the initial task…
As a result, Emma managed to implement Norman’s brilliant plan. After destroying the orphanage, on the territory of “Grace Field House” there were kids who also need to be saved. For them, Emma will definitely come back later. But Isabella’s shelter is far from the only one, which means that all unsuspecting hostages must be rescued. The adventures of Emma and her friends continue…
- Emma – a resolute, brave, fast, smart, but too trusting orphanage pupil; Isabella spotted Emma immediately, referring her to a premium product; Emma was the organizer of the escape from the orphanage, although she doubted the success of her plan.
- Norman – Emma’s best friend, with whom she is inseparable; always on her side; refers to a premium product; a brilliant strategist, proposed a plan to exterminate all Demons in order to save the lives of children, but Emma did not support this idea.
- Ray – a member of an orphanage; also from premium class; by nature, the complete opposite of Emma, despite this they are good friends; Isabella’s spy for some time; restrained, calm, very smart, reads books constantly.
- Isabella – once raised in a similar orphanage; smart, cunning woman; shows love and care for children, but with a cold heart delivers goods outside the House.
- As of September 2019, the manga had about 16 million copies. In 2018, the manga won the “Shogakukan Manga Award” in the shonen category.
- The manga was written by Kaiu Shirai, who originally created an evil character – Mom Isabella. Then he decided to introduce the main character into the story, her complete opposite in character, and necessarily female. According to the writer, the “conflict” of the main characters, mother and daughter, created in this way, should be interesting to the reader.
- The manga was illustrated by Posuka Demizu, who admitted that he devoted most of his time to the image of Emma. Because of this, she became the most difficult character of all to create. By the way, before Emma’s statement, she had long hair. Then it was decided to fix it for a short haircut in order to remove the girl’s excessive femininity, bringing her closer to a masculine strong-willed image.
- There are not many differences between manga and anime. Among them is Emma’s hair, which in the anime has a complex shade from light at the base to dark at the ends. In the manga, Emma’s hair is the same shade along its entire length.
The Promised Neverland Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|
|3x09||Series 9||not announced|
|3x10||Series 10||not announced|