Martin Markowitz is an ordinary middle-aged man. Not so long ago, he buried both parents and now he is suing his uncle, who is eager to get a share from his father’s business, not bequeathed to him. Marty also broke up with his girlfriend, whom he promised to travel to the Maldives before leaving. Now she comes to his work, begging for the promised. Nerves give up, the man realizes that he needs the help of a psychiatrist…
“The Shrink Next Door ss 2”: release date, announcement
There is a chance not to see the continuation of the TV show “The Psychiatrist Next Door”, since it was originally planned to launch a completed mini-series based on the famous podcast of the journalist Joe Nocera.
The problems that piled up on Martin Markowitz were getting worse every day. The reign at the weaving factory after the death of his parents also brought a lot of inconvenience.Marty’s sister openly insisted on professional help, but the man consistently refused. After one of the clients was unhappy with the tailoring, Marty could not resist: he hid from the client behind the curtains, and could not fight the panic attack.
The sister was forced to intervene and force her brother to go for help — so the main character fell into a real trap. Getting to know Dr. Isaac Herschkopf was a lifesaver at first. Marty looked at the problems in a different way, realized how easy it was to come to a solution, became more firm about people, learned to refuse, but did not notice the main thing — all these actions were more likely at the suggestion of Isaac, but not his own.
Sensing something was wrong, the sister decided to appeal to her brother to common sense, but he only brushed it off, and later did not want to communicate with her at all. But the relationship with Isaac was more and more trusting. Marty didn’t hesitate to tell him his secrets. Once it went too far, but by that time Isaac had already settled in the house of Markowitz and behaved as if he were the owner, inviting guests and throwing parties.
The series “The Shrink Next Door” details how Marty fell into the addiction of a tyrant doctor who decided to play on the client’s feelings and health. Isaac practically destroyed someone else’s life, wanting to take possession of both the business and the house, and everything that belonged to Markowitz. The harmless psychotherapist turned into an oppressor, lived in pleasure, not noticing the torment of other people.
It took Marty almost 30 years to renew his relationship with his sister, to help himself understand how harmful Herschkopf is on him and to free himself from his influence. But what did it cost him?
Actors and their roles
- Martin Markowitz / Marty — suffers from panic attacks, which led him to see a doctor; from the very first meeting he felt better; began to reveal his secrets to Isaac, which ultimately turned against him; the doctor settled in his house, began to make business decisions and practically did not give freedom, only 27 years later Marty decided to drive out Isaac — Will Ferrell.
- Dr. Isaac Herschkopf — an optimistic psychiatrist; before meeting with Marty he treated people for more than 8 years; quickly saw the client’s weaknesses and decided to take advantage of this for personal gain; when Marty began to show character, Isaac could easily influence him and not allow him to do what is not beneficial to him; for some time he managed the property of Marty — Paul Rudd.
- Phyllis — sister of Marty; protects brother from all sorts of troubles; after she saw that he could not cope with the growing anxiety, she sent him to a psychologist, later she realized that the doctor had too much influence on her brother, tried to reason with Marty, but it was too late; more than 20 years did not keep in touch with him — Kathryn Hahn.
- Will Ferrell is one of the few people who have headed “Most Overrated Actors” by Forbes for several years. At the same time, he was considered one of the most profitable actors, as projects with his participation collected millions of viewers.
- After the completion of “The Avengers” franchise, Paul Rudd decided to try his luck in a different genre. If earlier he starred as a superhero Ant-Man and easily destroyed enemies, now the actor appears before the audience as a house tyrant, capable of the most vile deeds.
- The project directors were Michael Showalter (“The Big Sick”, “Search Party”, “Hello, My Name Is Doris”) and Jesse Peretz (“Teenage Bounty Hunters”, “Social Distance”, “High Fidelity”). The collaboration turned out to be productive and they are working together on a new project for Apple +.
The Shrink Next Door Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|