The Spanish Princess Season 2
Catherine of Aragon has a wonderful life. From an early age she carries the royal title, and at the time of the start of events in the series is considered the princess of Spain. She has long known that she is loyal to King Arthur, who owns the Kingdom of England. However, over time, everything changes: imagining the luxurious life of the Queen, she does not know what rainy England and its inhabitants are fraught with.
When will “The Spanish Princess Season 2” series be released?
Continuation of the series “The Spanish Princess” is scheduled for release in May 2020. But until the exact statistics of the ratings of the season 1 is collected, the creators do not promise that the next season will be. If the results are impressive, then “The Spanish Princess” film crew will immediately start creating a sequel, in time for May 2020.
p.s. Officially: Season 2 will be released on October 11, 2020, which will consist of 8 episodes.
Arriving in overcast England, Catherine of Aragon supposedly gloomed herself. It was so depressing for her to remember her home, which she liked a lot. But there is nowhere to run – along with her came the lady-in-waiting Lina and all the people who served her in Spain. Catherine sees that those around her are watching her very closely, which means that the time has come when you should never allow yourself to “fall into the dirt with your face”.
And not only ordinary people – relatives of the King do not leave Catherine of Aragon for a minute. Margaret Pole, Prince Harry, Margaret Beaufort, Margaret and Henry Tudors, even Queen Elizabeth closely watches the behavior of a future relative. At first, everything went well, even the marriage ceremony with Arthur. But the sudden death of a new spouse spoils all plans…
The court is shocked, relatives are trying not to lose their mind. Catherine is depressed, because now the crown, the throne and the authorities will bypass her side. But… She finds a loophole that can still save the day! The girl claims that the marriage was not consummated – this leaves her the right to fight for the throne. While still a virgin, Catherine has every chance to become the wife of Prince Harry – the brother of the late Arthur.
Harry is intelligent, has an inexhaustible supply of charisma, and now his person is the main one in the struggle for power. He is the heir who is supposed to ascend to the throne, as King Henry VIII. Palace intrigue, greed, gossip, rumors and the most base feelings will collide with each other. After all, greed, thirst for glory, wealth and power push people to the most base and terrible deeds.
The shooting process has not yet begun, but it is known that the script is ready for season 2, where most of the plot will be distributed among the courtiers of the Royal Court. Catherine will remain the main character, but her TV time will decrease, as palace intrigues will overwhelm the entire Royal Courtyard.
Actors and their roles
- Catherine of Aragon – came from sunny Spain to cold, dim England to become the Queen and the wife of King Arthur, was eventually forced to participate in the intrigues of the palace, which did not always end well; after the death of Arthur decided to marry Prince Harry, because she did not want to let go of the throne – Charlotte Hope.
- Prince Arthur – Prince of Wales, who was supposed to marry Catherine of Aragon, not having time to perform his direct marital responsibility, Arthur dies, after which Catherine announces that the marriage was not consummated, this allows her to remarry – Angus Imrie.
- Prince Harry – the second Catherine’s chosen man after her husband, whom she has conceived to marry, he has uncommon mental abilities, is well versed in the art of negotiation, graceful, handsome, but has many qualities that the future King of England need not have – Ruairi O’Connor.
- For Charlotte Hope, it was very exciting to dye her own hair, because she had never loved red hair. She had to walk with the “fiery” hair for all the filming. And since the color was constantly washed away, by the end of the season 1, her hair was so spoiled that Charlotte decided to cut her hair short and grow her beautiful, healthy hair again.
- When Angus Imrie came to the casting for the first time, he decided to test for Prince Harry, but in the end Ruairi O’Connor was able to get ahead of him. Then Imrie decided to do otherwise – he abandoned the role of Arthur and declared that he would appear in the series only as Harry. We know the result – Angus did not achieve his goal and nevertheless played the role of the Prince of Wales.
- Stephen Woolfenden was one of the directors of the project. The historical series “Outlander” and “Poldark“, in which he participated, have been broadcast for several years. Therefore, the creators of the series “The Spanish Princess” decided to call him into your project. We hope that luck will not turn away from Wulfenden and will allow the series to gain high ratings and its army of fans.
The Spanish Princess Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 11, 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||October 18, 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||October 25, 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||November 1, 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||November 8, 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||November 15, 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||November 22, 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||November 29, 2020|