The Spanish Princess Season 3
Catherine of Aragon has big ambitions, because from an early age, her mother kept telling the girl about her imminent marriage to the British heir to the throne, Arthur, the son of Henry. Already grown up, the girl goes to Great Britain with her retinue and is waiting for a meeting with the chosen one. But even at the very beginning of the journey, everything is not going as she expected…
“The Spanish Princess ss 3”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the historical saga “The Spanish Princess” is not currently announced because Season 2, released in 2020, was originally scheduled to be the final. But viewers’ love for a show can work wonders. Will the director of the TV project continue the story?
Exalting her people, Catherine, with her head held high, goes to where her pride will be quickly removed from her. Great Britain, from nasty rainy weather to no less nasty people, immediately greeted her cruelly. Neither the servants who met her, nor the royal court liked the girl. But marriage is essential. As for the king and for Spain.
Counting at least on the favor of her future husband, Arthur, she decides to strike up a conversation with him before the wedding. The girl tells him about the tender letters that they sent to each other. This leads the guy to a stupor – he didn’t write any letters to Catherine! Moreover, Arthur knows who did it. But he did not admit this to the girl – he simply left her surrounded by servants and left the walk.
Such a beginning of events cannot be called cute, but then it gets worse. An acquaintance with Arthur’s mother followed. The woman bluntly threatened Catherine not to get involved in the affairs of the crown, even considering that the girl would soon become the queen of the country. Mother promised to protect her sons and vowed to arrange reprisals if Catherine dared to show her character.
But for a long time Catherine did not have to be upset. Almost immediately after the marriage, her newly-made husband Arthur dies, and the chances of becoming Queen of England are sharply reduced. But there is another option in terms of the girl – the marriage was not consummated, because Arthur never touched her, leaving her a virgin. Harry is the next to claim the throne.
The prince is very arrogant, decisive, in some way even reminds of Catherine herself. To leave a chance to get to the throne, the girl decides to draw his attention to herself. Soon it will be he who will become Henry VIII and rule England, so it is important not to miss the chance. But how would Harry react to that? Would he want to marry the one that the whole court hates?
How much intrigue, betrayal, humiliation will the Spanish princess have to endure? What is Harry like? It is known that it was he who became the author of letters for the girl at a time when Arthur refused to write to her. How will the heir to the throne react to a red-haired lady with a devilish character?
Actors and their roles
- Catherine of Aragon – a Spanish princess who came to a strange house with her own orders; does not separate bad actions from good ones, which prevents her from looking at the situation sensibly; announces consummation after her chosen one, Arthur, died immediately after the marriage; hopes to become queen of England – Charlotte Hope.
- Prince Arthur – the heir to the English crown, to whom Catherine is destined to be his wife; was disappointed with her behavior when Catherine said that she corresponded with him, because he considers such behavior unacceptable for the future queen, because the letters contained frank promises; died shortly before accession to the throne – Angus Imrie.
- Prince Harry – heir to the throne after Arthur; quick-tempered, self-confident; Catherine immediately liked him; has many hobbies and pretends that he is not interested in the Spanish beauty – Ruairi O’Connor.
- Filming for Seasons 1 and 2 took place at Wells Cathedral in Wells, Somerset. The film crew paid a lot of money for this, but the magnificent landscapes of the castle, fascinating even from the sight of a video camera, are worth it. Each season is filmed in the spring and aired on Starz in the fall.
- The TV series is a sequel to the mini-show “The White Princess” with Jodie Comer in the title role. After the success of the TV series, it was decided to extend the project, but how to do it? The creators looked into the historical facts and decided to tell the story of a charming, ambitious Spanish woman, interested not only in love, but also in the English crown.
- Charlotte Hope loves outfits from the middle of England and took part in creating a wardrobe for her heroine with pleasure. And then she helped dress half of the crew, because the actress liked this activity so much. Thus, Charlotte also became a costume designer, helping her companions look gorgeous on the screen.
- Ruairi O’Connor admitted that he was uncomfortable in historical costumes. Despite the royal chic of clothing, it is not always convenient to wear it, especially with regard to all kinds of choking collars. Despite the inconvenience, the actor perfectly got used to the role and played it superbly.
The Spanish Princess Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|