The next adaptation of Stephen King’s novel took its toll – the multimillion-dollar audience demanded the continuation of the post-apocalyptic show. It will be about the post-apocalyptic present, in which people are forced to join the dominant factions promoting the order of the new world. Which of the leaders can restore the old order on Earth?
“The Stand ss 2”: release date, announcementThe long-awaited sequel to the fantastic show “The Stand” may appear in December 2021 if the creators do not prepare the material earlier. Viewers are famous for their impatience and the ability to quickly forget TV shows, which means you need to keep their interest and not drag out the next season!
The US laboratory, which developed the super-dangerous strain of influenza, could not keep it within its walls. In 19 days, almost all people on Earth died due to this disease. The minimum number of survivors appears to have immunity to the virus, but no one knows if a cure can be invented and protect those who lack natural defenses against the strain.
At this time, a certain Randall Flagg appears, whom most people call the devil, or at least his messenger. Many people are afraid to approach Randall, as his behavior is always a mystery. But there are those who wish to follow Flagg during such a difficult time. All his followers go to Las Vegas, where this “Dark Man” resides.
The rest of the people prefer to stay away from Flagg and his “knights”. Moreover, for a long time in their dreams they were pursued by some old Negro woman who constantly talks about God. It turns out that these dreams are not fantasy. They are about a real woman living in Nebraska. She is 108 years old, she prays to God and wants to save humanity from Flagg, who is their main threat.
While Abagail’s men are busy rebuilding Boulder and providing an uninterrupted supply of electricity, Randall sends various visions to his subordinates. A dislike for drug addicts makes the followers crucify them on crosses. He makes Lloyd Henreid his successor, a human eater who was recently pulled out of captivity.
The war becomes even more fierce after Abagail has a dream in which God, because of her pride, orders to head into the desert. At this time, Flagg is engaged in sending visions to the old woman’s supporters and brings discord. But Boulder does not forget to let the enemy relax by sending his people to Las Vegas.
Since Stephen King has already written 3 books about this, we can safely judge the plot of season 2, where the war between the strongest will continue. Will Abagail be able to influence her people, because her ranks are falling apart, and she has much less strength than Dark Man? What other torment will Randall invent for his people?
Actors and their roles
- Abagail – a 108-year-old resident of Hemingford Home; spiritual leader and mentor of many people who saw her in dreams and decided to join; considers it necessary to fight Flagg for the sake of the future, but soon God directs her to the desert, because the woman is unable to moderate her pride, which is a sin – Whoopi Goldberg.
- Randall Flagg – the leader of the Los Angeles faction; capable of cruel, perverted murders; has greater abilities than his opponent; keeps near him only obvious psychos, for example, cannibals, pyromaniacs and other nonentities of society; calls himself Dark Man, but in reality he is nothing more than another obsessed man – Alexander Skarsgard.
- In 2018, Whoopi Goldberg decided to leave cinema alone and take a break from endless filming. But when they brought her the script, and even based on the novel by Stephen King himself, the woman did not think long. Whoopi was impressed by her role as a grandmother who could create a new world, and now she is an integral part of the cast of the TV series “The Stand”.
- When rumors circulated that Goldberg had returned to acting again, another scenario followed. The TV show “Star Trek: Picard” also left an indelible mark on the actress’s heart. Season 2 is slated for release in 2021, where she plays Guinan, a wise bartender with a calm personality.
- Alexander Skarsgard, like his two brothers, always become indispensable antagonist actors, whose appearance leaves no director indifferent. His brother, Bill, starred in 2 parts of the film “It“, based on the novel by the same Stephen King. Bill Skarsgard got the role of the clown Pennywise, who successfully dealt with children.
- Usually, King’s film adaptations, especially when it comes to full-length films, always end in failure. The legendary book “The shining” became a bestseller at the same time that Stan Kubrick’s film won the “Golden Raspberry” Award for “Worst Actress”. Actress Shelley Duvall never recovered from the director’s bullying, and was worried about this for a long time.
The Stand Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||December 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||December 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||December 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||December 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||December 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||December 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||December 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||December 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||December 2021|
The 10 Worst And 10 Best Stephen King Movies