After the walking dead took over a large part of the planet, people divided into several factions. The TV series tells about girls who lost their father, and now they intend to find him anywhere in the world. Two guys join them as companions. But how long will they go together? Who will be the traitor?..
“The Walking Dead: World Beyond ss 2”: release date, announcement
The creators of the project are sure that nothing will prevent the release of new episodes. Maybe the walking dead aren’t afraid of the coronavirus? The sequel to the post-apocalyptic TV show “The Walking Dead: World Beyond” will take place on October 3, 2021.
The TV series is a sequel to projects such as “The Walking Dead“, which tells about the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and the Rick Grimes team, and “Fear the Walking Dead“, a spin-off and prequel to “The Walking Dead”.
From the day her father was taken by the Republicans, Iris Bennett has had nightmares. She dreams that she died and joined the ranks of the walking dead. She even turned to a psychologist with this problem, but there was no effect. The dreams continued, and the girl tried to hide it behind a mask of happiness, which was easily pierced by her sister Hope, an ardent hater of the Republic.
Unlike her sister, who devotes all her free time to science, Hope practices boiling alcohol and organizing parties. Through the hole in the bus, she goes to the cemetery to her mother and shows obscene gestures to the authorities. Hope doesn’t care if she’s accused of disobedience. She’s too angry that their father was taken away from them.
Some time ago, the girls lived with their father. He was considered the best scientist of all known, and the girls helped him in everything and also devoted a lot of time to studying various sciences. But people came who thought that elsewhere this man would be more useful for the future of humanity. Since then, Hope openly hates anyone who is in any way connected with her father’s county.
One day a delegation arrives at the places where Bennetts live. In a fit of revelation, Elizabeth, from the newcomers, reveals the secrets of their father’s whereabouts. Having received the map, the girls decide to go in search of the parent. But on their way, there are people who are interested in the girls not reaching their goal.
While Iris and Hope are creating an escape plan, two more people join them, wanting to know what the other world looks like, where the best minds of civilization are. Now the audience is left to watch how the four young people skillfully use their knowledge gained over the years. Will they be useful in the fight against the walking dead? How soon will they get there?
Actors and their roles
- Iris Bennett – the daughter of a scientist; suffers from the trauma of the past, where her mother died, only her sister and father remained, who were later taken away without a trace; undergoes the bad influence of nightmares and visits a psychologist for a while, until the doctor dies of an incurable disease – Aliyah Royale.
- Hope Bennett – as a child, she shot a pregnant woman who, in a fit of fear, killed Hope’s mother a minute earlier; the girl is not an example to follow, she constantly criticizes political life; understands chemistry, especially those aspects that relate to the preparation of alcoholic beverages – Alexa Mansour.
- Elizabeth Kublek – came from CRM and immediately tried to establish friendly relations with the Bennett sisters; told about their father’s life away from the girls, gave them a map, which became the first impetus for Iris and Hope to leave their homes and go after their father – Julia Ormond.
- The show is the third comic adaptation. The TV series “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” have surpassed all expectations, becoming a cult hit. “The Walking Dead: World Beyond” may well qualify for a place next to them, because Season 1 started just as well as its predecessors.
- The ash-colored complexion of Alexa Mansour, according to the director, did not quite fit into the image of her heroine. As a result, a lot of tone was applied to the actress in order to remove the pallor, as well as to emphasize the shape of the eyebrows, which Mansour recalls with horror and laughter in between filming.
- The map received by the Bennet sisters is complete fiction and has nothing to do with reality. Well, the borders of the USA are shown almost believably. According to the plot, all the action takes place within the same country, and our heroes go to where New York was in calm times.
- Before the filming of the 1st episode of the 1st season, when the scene with Julia Ormond getting out of the plane was being rehearsed, unsuccessfully entangled in the hem of the dress, the woman fell, spraining her ankle. They had to postpone filming for two days so that the swelling subsided, and the actress’s leg could fit into the shoe. Since then, Ormond has joked that dresses shouldn’t be in her filming wardrobe.
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 3, 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||October 10, 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||October 17, 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||October 24, 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||October 31, 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||November 7, 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||November 14, 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||November 21, 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||November 28, 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||December 5, 2021|