The Witcher Season 2
And again, the creators transfer us to the Witcher universe, where the world is ruled by not those who are needed by ordinary people. Soon the latest events from Ciri’s journey, the further fate of Yennefer, Triss, as well as the consequences of all these actions in the life of Geralt himself will become known. What is the price of a cloudless sky above the head of the walking Witcher?
When will the sequel to The Witcher Season 2 be released?
The continuation of the fantastic adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski’s book “The Witcher” will appear no earlier than the beginning of 2021. And this, according to Lauren Hissrich, is the best and, in some way, bold forecast.
Recall that the shooting of the new season began on February 12, 2020 in the UK. The project management immediately noted that the gap between the releases of the 1st and 2nd seasons will be more than a year, because the creation of such a series as “The Witcher” requires huge physical (and financial) costs. Also, the cast was officially announced, which included new characters.
The universe is inhabited by various creatures, most of which are better to kill than to leave alive. For centuries, the witchers who were specially trained for this purpose were intended to fight evil spirits. At one time, Geralt also had a difficult service, thanks to which he now has unprecedented power and the ability to do little magic.
On the way of the hero at different times there are two girls who were once friends. Yennefer and Triss parted ways, let them still have a good relationship to each other. Our hero always rushes between them, but sometimes makes a choice in favor of third parties, even if this choice turns out to be fleeting.
Geralt’s main pain is Ciri, a young girl who, in the end, turns out to be none other than the main ruler of Cintra. So bloody wars are going on at this time on Earth that a girl will have a hard time just mentioning her relationship with the former rulers of Cintra. She needs protection, and Geralt copes with this role perfectly.
Unlike the book, in the season 1 of the series, Ciri does not travel alone. Next to her is constantly Dara. Fans of the game version of The Witcher may rejoice – in total, about 400 quests present in the games will be shown on the series. Some will be mentioned in passing, and the most interesting directors will pay special attention.
In the season 1, the fall of Cintra and the purpose of Ciri was already mentioned, and in the second one they will show the continuation of her adventures. The girl has already become an adult and she will have to go part of her way without the help of Geralt, who was often near at a difficult time. Yennefer will fight with his many enemies and frantic love for the Witcher.
But what about Triss, who received so little attention in season 1? The girl will become one of the main figures of the season 2, because her role was not appreciated. The new series promise to be bloody and dramatic, because in the life of Geralt there will come a time when he will have to make a difficult choice – to follow the conscience or to remain faithful to his desires…
Actors and their roles
- Geralt – the main character, the Witcher, is able to see in the dark; his eyes are artificial yellow; he uses potions for speedy recovery, increase strength, and other purposes; Geralt is in love with Yennefer; he learns a prophecy that speaks of his role in the fate of Ciri, which allows him to make a choice in favor of protecting the girl – Henry Cavill.
- Yennefer – a witch, beloved Geralt, is capable of magic, and is considered one of the most powerful witches; she is endowed with great love for her own person; Yennefer is able to change appearance; the girl has many enemies, since in pursuit of her interests she goes over the heads of those around her – Anya Chalotra.
- Triss – kind, courageous, always fighting for the truth, has her own opinion; she has feelings for the Witcher and can not overcome them – Anna Shaffer.
- Ciri – princess of Cintra, in whose eyes an entire nation was destroyed; she fled until she met the Witcher; the girl is capricious and does not allow herself to be controlled; Ciri decided to become the witcher – Freya Allan.
- Polish directors have already worked with a similar series, which was released in November 2001, but this did not bring success. After the release of 13 episodes, the project had to be closed. The next attempt was made by American producers in collaboration with Polish screenwriters.
- Andrzej Sapkowski himself is indifferent to the new series, since the plot is radically different from the cycle of his books. The creators tried to take into account the preferences of both film enthusiasts and gamers, so there are deviations from the original text.
- For the past year, Henry Cavill’s fee has kept ordinary people awake. We will answer – for one series of the first season, Henry managed to earn $ 400 thousand. The remaining actors receive an amount that is reduced no less than 4 times.
- According to critics, Anya Chalotra absolutely does not fit the description of the fatal beauty who broke the heart of the main character. The girl is so young that she simply cannot play Yennefer, an experienced and seen life.
The Witcher Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
The Witcher Creator, Andrzej Sapkowski DOES Receive Financial Compensation From CD Projekt Red
- Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu / Legend of the Galactic Heroes season 2
- High Score Girl/Hai Sukoa Gāru Season 2
- Eromanga-sensei season 2
- Emergence Season 2
- Fairy Tail season 3
- American Crime Story season 2
- Iron Fist Season 3 release date
- Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan / The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 3
- Legends of Tomorrow season 4
- 9-1-1: Lone Star Season 2