Anime “To Your Eternity” is a touching and unlike any other story about life and death, rebirth and the nature of love. There is no place for funny situations, ridiculous conversations, magic and other similar things. The new adaptation of the manga of the same name is a strong work of the team of director Masahiko Murata. The bar for Season 1 has been raised very high. Should we wait for the continuation?
Genre — adventure, fantasy.
The premiere of the season 1 took place on April 12, 2021 (20 episodes).
The original name of the anime is “Fumetsu no Anata e”.
“To Your Eternity ss 2”: release date, announcement
The anime “To Your Eternity” can be safely called an “non-standard”, but this is exactly the series the audience has been waiting for. Many critics have ranked the adaptation among the best. An interesting plot presentation is the main thing that catches us in anime. So why should the adaptation’s creators disappoint viewers who highly rate Season 1?
And while the whole world is waiting for official information about the release of season 2 (which will be with a high degree of probability!), analysts are confident that the premiere of new episodes will take place closer to mid-2022. It is believed that there may not be enough material for adaptation, so the Undying’s fans will have to wait a bit.
Five years ago, all residents left the village and went in search of paradise. They sincerely believed that there, behind the big rock, live happy, intelligent people who have a lot of food. The Boy’s grandfather always said that these people have a lot of vegetables, fruits, juicy and sweet. But how to explain to the Boy about tastes when in his life he ate only fish and deer meat?
In the village, the Boy stayed with the old people who quickly died in the following years. He was left alone. Even his best friend, the devoted white wolf, left and never returned. But one day a miracle happened: the wolf returned. The Boy, taking his friend with him, went to fetch his relatives. But a sad fate awaits him: on the way he will get a terrible wound, then he will find the burial place of his relatives, after which he will return home and die. And then a new story begins…
Once an orb descended to Earth, capable of taking the form of anyone it touches. After the death of a living creature, the orb is able to be reborn into it. First, the orb turned into a stone, then into a wolf, which fell on him before death. Finding a living body, hearing the smells for the first time, feeling the wind and cold, the wolf went forward. On his way, he met a Boy who sheltered the animal at home.
The Undying begins its big journey around the world. Reborn again and again, he will have to know himself and the world full of dangerous adventures. New acquaintances, new discoveries, new feelings and understanding that The Undying will outlive each new friend … How will this path end and what is its mission on Earth? …
- Fushi / Undying — an immortal creature, initially having neither feelings, nor reason, nor personality; its main mission on Earth is the preservation of the world; able to take the form of anything that comes his way; takes the form of a living being (man, animal) only in case of his death; before learning to speak and express his thoughts, he watched people for a long time; does not like death; with each successive death, Fushi is reborn faster and faster, because his body “remembers” what it died of.
- The Beholder — the story is told on his behalf; the creator of Fushi; observes the world and makes sure that no one destroys it; almost never shows any emotion.
- The anime was directed by Masahiko Murata, known not only as a director, but also as an animator. Murata took part in the creation of a huge number of anime: “Welcome to the Ballroom”, several projects “Naruto”, “Tower of God“, “Ghost in the Shell / Koukaku Kidoutai”, etc.
- The anime series is based on the manga of the same name, created by Japanese artist and manga writer Yoshitoki Ōima, born in 1989. The manga was first published in November 2016 in Weekly Shōnen Magazine. At the time of the release of the anime adaptation, 14 volumes were released.
- Original author Yoshitoki Ōima rose to prominence with the release of her manga “A Silent Voice”, first published in August 2013. Based on this work, an anime film was released in September 2016 (world premiere — February 2017). For 2 days of distribution in 120 cinemas in Japan, the film grossed more than $ 2.5 million, hitting the 19th line of the highest-grossing film projects of the year in Japan in 2016, and also on the 10th line as the highest-grossing Japanese film of the same year.
To Your Eternity Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|