How great it would be to be able to go back in time and change something. It’s a pity, but each of us has only one attempt, one life. Unlike the main character of the anime “Tokyo Revengers”. Having reached the age of 26, Takemichi Hanagaki sees in the mirror only a loser without character, willpower and purpose in life. Nobody is interested in his opinion and there is no person who cared about him. But one news, one event changes everything…
Genre – action, science fiction, adventure.
Season 1 premiered on April 11, 2021.
The original name of the anime is Tōkyō Ribenjāzu.
“Tokyo Revengers ss 2”: release date, announcement
Those who first met the characters in the manga “Tokyo Revengers” became fans of its anime adaptation. After all, the director of the series followed the storyline of the original source as closely as possible, which is very much appreciated by the readers. Bright storyline, elaboration of each character – everything is at the highest level. But what do we know about Season 2?
The sequel to the anime “Tokyo Revengers” has been officially announced! Given the availability of source material (and the manga is still being released today!) and the high rating of the season 1, it can be assumed that we will see at least 1 more season. It is known that the season 2 will be released on January 8, 2023!
Takemichi Hanagaki does not remember the day when his whole life turned to the bottom. Submission to the stronger guys of the gang, constant humiliation, lack of meaning in life and even a complete mess in his insignificant apartment… But once he was completely different. Together with school friends, he could challenge peers from another school to a fight. Takemichi fearlessly rushed into battle and was not afraid of anything. But most importantly, at his 14 years old he had a girlfriend – Hinata Tachibana.
For Takemichi, this is all in the distant past. Now he is a 26-year-old boy, a pawn for local gang members. And so it would have continued, but the news seen on TV was the beginning of something new and inexplicable… Takemichi learned that the same girl, his school friend Hinata, had died. Her younger brother also died with her…
Driven by thoughts of the past, the terrible news about the death of Hinata, the guy did not notice how he ended up on the train tracks. A second before he died, he thought of her again. About Hinata Tachibana. But instead of dying, the guy was transported into the past. On this day, but 12 years ago.
After analyzing the situation, Takemichi realized that he was able to move from the past to the present and back again through a handshake with Naoto Tachibana. The main character needs to fix the past in order to prevent his beloved girl from dying. But how to do that? He needs to start with himself…
- Takemichi Hanagaki – originally a 26-year-old boy; constant humiliation made Takemichi an indifferent, cowardly, low self-esteem person; after being reborn as a 14-year-old teenager, he decided by all means to change his worthless life, to become a strong spirit and not let his friends and beloved girl die; became a leader and led the members of the group with him; blames himself for the death of Hinata Tachibana.
- Hinata Tachibana – a cheerful, caring, sweet schoolgirl, girlfriend of Takemichi, who is destined to die in 12 years; ready to stand up for Takemichi, not even being afraid of the leaders of the gangster group.
- Naoto Tachibana – Hinata’s younger brother; sends Takemichi on a time travel through a handshake; Takemichi bequeathed to him to remember the date when he and his sister would die, growing up, Naoto became a police officer in order to protect his sister.
- Not only anime was created based on the manga. In February 2020, fans of “Tokyo Revengers” learned that another adaptation was in the works – a full-length action movie with popular Japanese actors. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the production of the project was interrupted several times and was not completed on time. As a result, instead of October 2020, the premiere of the film was postponed to July 9, 2021.
- In early 2020, as readers read volume 15 of the manga, it was announced that “Tokyo Revengers” had a circulation of over 3 million. And these are excellent indicators.
- The name of the main character of the anime Takemichi is translated from Japanese as “military” (take) and “way” (michi). His surname Hanagaki can be translated as “flower” (hana) and “fence” (gaki).
- The anime was directed by Koichi Hatsumi, who has worked on such popular projects as “Blue Exorcist“, “Deadman Wonderland”, “Gangsta” and others.
Tokyo Revengers Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||January 8, 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||January 15, 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||January 22, 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||January 29, 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||February 5, 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||February 12, 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||February 19, 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||February 26, 2023|
|2x09||Series 9||March 5, 2023|
|2x10||Series 10||March 12, 2023|