The CIA has been developing the “Treadstone” program for a long time. After a series of unsuccessful experiments, it was decided to close the project. But a few years later, existing security officials began to understand – “Treadstone” was not closed, the project was simply frozen for a while. And past agents embarked on a new mission…
When will the continuation of the series “Treadstone Season 2” come out?
The sequel to the exciting TV show “Treadstone” has not been officially announced. And while fans of the TV series were waiting for the new season, in May 2020, the project management officially announced its closure.
The series describes the situations that occurred in the films about Jason Bourne, who was one of the special agents who got into the program “Treadstone”. Unlike the film, the series tells about other heroes.
Treadstone is a program that completely enslaves a person’s will, forcing him to carry out any command given by a certain person. At the same time, the subject cannot control his actions – he blindly follows what the commander tells him.
Randolph Bentley served America faithfully, but one day he was captured by the Russians. There he was tortured for a long time, left without food, water, thrown into the cold, beaten and did everything possible to break his will and force him to do something that he would never agree to in real life. As a result, the Russians succeeded in this mission, Randolph was broken.
But after some time he returned to ordinary life, while not remembering the events of the recent past. It was only by chance that he remembered the days when the Russians tortured him by throwing him in solitary confinement. At this point, the CIA began to think that Randolph was a double agent. And the guy had to flee.
Around the same time, SoYun Pak was working as a piano teacher with a wealthy lady. Pak, too, cannot remember a certain piece of his life. The woman finds a toy of American descent from her son. She understands that only the enemy could leave this thing. Pak is afraid for his family, because their position and so can not be called perfect.
Having received a command about the murder of an influential man who knows a lot of information about “Treadstone” and other projects, SoYun Pak, under an imaginary pretext, leaves his student and goes in search of this man. Having completed the command, she returns to her previous work, pretending that nothing happened.
At this time in Paris, a former journalist, hired by an influential person, is trying to save his daughter from persecution and imminent death. She was followed by CIA officers who were initially opposed to this venture. What connects all these people together? Is it really only the past in which each of them has memories associated with the “Tredstone” project?..
Actors and their roles
- Randolph Bentley – a former CIA official accused of working for several security services at once, after he was able to escape from captivity from the Russians; Randolph arranged a rout in the CIA, after which he fled and went in search of answers – Jeremy Irvine.
- SoYun Pak – piano teacher; married, brings up a son; the girl has impeccable combat techniques; SoYun is one of the recruited fighters; she does not remember part of her past; was forced to kill an influential man by order – Han Hyo-joo.
- Tara Coleman – journalist who tried to get to the bottom of the truth in the case of secret projects; she was dismissed from the publication and then no one took her to work; got into a taxi; Tara communicates well with her sister; years later, CIA agents found her and arranged for her to meet with an influential man who asked to save his daughter from death – Tracy Ifeachor.
- “Jason Bourne” is a series of films that consists of 5 full-length parts. The films tell about a CIA employee who, after some events, lost his memory and became a professional killer who decided to move in a different direction from government activities. Randolph Bentley is written off from this character.
- Tim Kring is the creator of the picture. Under his leadership, the series “Heroes” was released, which still collects fans around the world. Kringis now seriously busy with new projects, so, most likely, he will not return to the Treadstone series.
- According to critics, Jeremy Irvine was ideally suited to his role and even overshadowed the acting of his more experienced colleagues. Jeremy wins back at full power, which is why at the casting they made a choice in his favor.
- One of the white-skinned actresses was eventually replaced by Tracy Ifeachor, as Tim Kring did not want to subsequently deal with society for the fact that black actors are not present in the series.
- In the series there are many actors who were selected for their roles precisely because of the knowledge of several foreign languages. One of these actresses was Han Hyo-joo, who speaks three languages and is fluent in English.
Treadstone Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||the project is closed|
|2x02||Series 2||the project is closed|
|2x03||Series 3||the project is closed|
|2x04||Series 4||the project is closed|
|2x05||Series 5||the project is closed|
|2x06||Series 6||the project is closed|
|2x07||Series 7||the project is closed|
|2x08||Series 8||the project is closed|
|2x09||Series 9||the project is closed|
|2x10||Series 10||the project is closed|