The dramatic TV show “Truth Be Told” tells the story of a woman who dreams of correcting her mistakes when she finds out that their cost is someone else’s life, which she ruined almost 20 years ago. How did Poppy Parnell, a respected woman and successful sharp-tongued journalist, send a 16-year-old to prison? And what will she do when, decades later, she realizes that he is innocent?..
“Truth Be Told ss 3”: release date, announcement
A sequel to the TV show “Truth Be Told” has not yet been announced. It is only known that the shooting of new episodes is not planned for the near future, and Octavia Spencer is taking part in other projects. It is also worth mentioning the rather weak reviews and ratings of the two seasons, which is not in favor of season 3. We are waiting for official statements.
When Poppy Parnell just started building her career, she came across a high-profile case: 16-year-old Warren Cave was accused of murdering his neighbor Chuck Buhrman. Two twin daughters and their mother were left without a father and a husband. The outrageous case forced Parnell to seize the moment, which ultimately turned out to be a dizzying take-off for her career — she wrote accusatory articles against Cave.
Poppy has always fought for the truth. Many years later, while leading another podcast, she learns that new evidence of Warren’s innocence has emerged. His mother Melanie was still struggling with the system and wanted the court to release her mature son. After going to the next meeting and making sure at the trial that the evidence can really change the course of the case, Parnell decides to help the Cave family.
But mother and son want nothing to do with Poppy. After all, it was Parnell who contributed to the fact that Warren was imprisoned for life. Her articles portrayed the boy in the most horrible way, and among the jury, many on a regular basis read everything that the journalist took out about this case. One of them was even removed when they found out about it.
Frame from the TV show
Unwilling to accept the refusal, Poppy tries in every possible way to reconcile with Warren and his mother. She even visits the prison where the guy is being held. But at the meeting it turns out that the guy is a Nazi, ready to tear her up just for the color of her skin. Not knowing what to do, Poppy goes to his mother and accidentally finds out that she has cancer. She had no more than two months left to live.
Deciding to use blackmail, Parnell threatens Melanie that she will tell her son about the illness. The mother does not want to burden the child with bad news and she agrees to help Poppy. Thanks to well-coordinated actions, in her podcasts, the journalist tells listeners about her doubts about Warner’s guilt, and also reproaches herself for involvement in his fate.
Realizing that there is indeed a chance to get out of prison, Warren decides to cooperate with the former enemy. But there are also those who know something about the murder. One of the twin sisters of the deceased man is clearly hiding something. Poppy will soon get to the bottom of the truth. Will she be able to prove that Cave is innocent? Will he be able to say goodbye to his dying mother?..
Actors and their roles
- Poppy Parnell — a successful journalist with remorse for past wrongdoing; was convinced of Cave’s guilt, but a sudden circumstance made her change her view of the situation; looking for a meeting with Lanie, who refuses to communicate with her and openly expresses her dislike — Octavia Spencer.
- Lanie — the daughter of a deceased man; avoids Parnell in every possible way, and later comes for advice to a loved one; works at funerals, makes a living by comforting people after they have lost loved ones; she cheats on her husband; brings up a daughter — Lizzy Caplan.
- Warren Cave — convicted 20 years ago for a crime that he did not commit; decisive were the words of Lanie, who said in court that she had seen at night how the guy entered their yard through the fence; was forced to join the Nazis in order to somehow survive behind bars; does not believe Poppy Parnell, but in the end goes to meet her — Aaron Paul.
- Season 1 of the TV series premiered on December 6, 2019 on Apple TV +. Season 2 was released only 2 years later — then a big bonus for the project was the participation of Kate Hudson, who helped Octavia Spencer keep the TV show at the proper level. After that, the rating of the project began to grow, but the producers are still in no hurry to talk about the next season.
- Octavia Spencer has in its arsenal the most important award for an actor — Oscar. In 2012, she received one for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in the romantic drama “The Help.” This was Octavia’s first nomination and first victory. In 2017 (film “Hidden Figures”) and 2018 (film “The Shape of Water”) she was nominated again, but she could not keep the victory.
- More than 8 thousand Americans voted on the IMDb website and the TV show received a total of 7.1 points. However, critical reviews indicate that, apart from the Octavia Spencer, no one can play their part so veraciously.
Truth Be Told Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|