Usually the main character moves to a new world after he dies in the current one. But in the anime “Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy” things happened a little differently. Makoto Misumi suddenly found himself in an unknown space next to an eccentric Deity. And then the most interesting thing began…
Genre – fantasy, adventure, comedy.
Season 1 premiered on July 7, 2021.
The full name of the anime: “The Moon Leads a Different World” / “Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy”.
The original name of the anime is “Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu”.
“Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy ss 2”: release date, announcement
Readers of the light novel “Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy” weren’t surprised by the news that an anime adaptation is in the works. After all, the plot is worthy of attention. The story of a guy named Makoto Misumi comes to life, now we can personally see him and the world he finds himself in. And from the very first episode, the viewer appreciates the series: the story develops dynamically, consistently and very brightly.
The anime has every chance to continue. And fans didn’t have to wait long: work on the season 2 of the anime was officially announced, the premiere of which is scheduled for 2023. The exact release date is still unknown.
That day Makoto Misumi lived in his usual rhythm: school-sports section-home. But in the evening, a strange event happened: his body fell into an unknown space, where out of nowhere appeared the one who called himself Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto. He told Makoto that the guy initially could not accept and believe in the veracity of the words he heard.
It turned out that Makoto’s parents were from another world. Once upon a time, they entered into an agreement with the Goddess, after which they appeared on Earth – in Japan. For this, the parents had to give the most precious thing they will have. Makoto did not like the idea, but if he does not go to another world, then the choice will fall on one of his sisters. And this guy did not want.
Before sending Makoto to the Goddess, Tsukuyomi empowers the protagonist with magic, the power of which he learns later. But the meeting with the Goddess turned out to be not so warm: she made it clear to Makoto that he was not at all suitable for the title of Hero, who must save the people of her world from demons and spirits. Expressing her displeasure, the Goddess sends Makoto to the very edge of the world.
The guy read a lot about those who, being chosen, go to another world to save its inhabitants. But that’s not how it happened to him. Beginning to understand and accept the rules of the “game”, Makoto meets two girls who become his faithful companions. Now he will decide his own fate, and no one can order him! ..
- Makoto Misumi — the first of 3 travelers who were transported to the Goddess’ World; according to the contract concluded between Makoto’s parents and the Goddess, the guy was sent to her world, but Makoto’s appearance did not appeal to the Goddess, which is why he was sent to the outskirts of her domain.
- Tomoe / Shen — thought she was invincible, but Makoto’s spells wounded her, as a result, Shen surrendered; became interested in his memories and entered into a contract with the main character, after which she became his companion; is able to manipulate space, create illusions and see the memories of the protagonist, which she loves to watch.
- Mio / Black Spider — Makoto met her on the 2nd day in the new world; after entering into a service contract, she turned into a sweet black-haired girl who became Makoto’s servant along with Shen; constantly feels hunger and satisfies it, absorbing Makoto’s magical power.
- Goddess — the Deity of the world, into which the main character fell; after she changed her mind about making a Hero out of a guy, she secretly transferred two more people into her world.
- The anime is based on a series of eponymous light novels that have been published on the Shōsetsuka ni Narō website since 2012. Since 2016, the light novel has been posted on the AlphaPolis website. Since 2015, a manga adaptation has been released.
- The name of the protagonist “Makoto” is translated from Japanese as “truth” or “reality”. This is especially funny, since Makoto is known to be born on April 1st, April Fool’s Day. The following is known about the surname of the protagonist “Misumi”: the first part is translated as “deep”, the second – “transparent”. Makoto’s parents received this surname from Goddess before she transported them to Earth.
- The anime adaptation was directed by Shinji Ishihira, whose works include “Edens Zero”, “Talentless Nana“, “The Seven Heavenly Virtues”, “Log Horizon”, “Fairy Tail” and others.
Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|