Vampires have lived among humans for a long time, but times have changed. With a lot of focus now on politics between the militant vampire clans, the Dragomir family was ready to announce their plans for the throne. Andre Dragomir dreamed of taking the place of the ruling Queen, but did not have time — his family died in an accident. Only Vasilisa, his sister, survived…
“Vampire Academy ss 2”: release date, announcement
Rumors about the continuation of the fantasy drama “Vampire Academy” back in 2022 were confirmed by the producers of the project Julie Plec and Marguerite MacIntyre. The opportunity to see new episodes will appear approximately in the beginning of autumn 2023.
The TV show “Vampire Academy” is based on a series of novels of the same name by American author Richelle Mead. The first season told about the events of only one book, and there are six of them in the cycle. If the audience positively perceives the season 1, then the picture will have every chance of being extended until the 6th season.
The family of Vasilisa Dragomir had an aristocratic origin and belonged to the Moroi — these are vampires who are destined to rule over a society of their own kind. A great sin in such a society is the recognition of oneself as a strigoi — a creature that attacks vampires and threatens their peaceful life. Dhampirs are the protectors of vampires.
Vasilisa has been friends with Rose since school. People do not understand the reasons for such an inseparable connection, since the origin of Lissa implies communication with people of higher rank. Rose is just a dhampir — she is trained to protect the likes of Vasilisa. And she also dreams of becoming the protector of her best friend and always being by her side. This is what Lissa herself wants.
Appearing with Rose at the next party, Vasilisa caused many questions from the nobility. The girl, like her family, did not see anything reprehensible in the fact that she chooses friends not because of status, but because of spiritual preferences. On the same evening, the Queen announces Andre Dragomir as the heir, to which he is incredibly happy. But a few hours later, he and his parents die in a car accident.
Vasilisa is crushed. She begins the new school year at the Vampire Academy without enthusiasm. The Queen is in despair: she has lost an important ally, so instead of Andre, she decides to make Vasilisa her successor. The girl does not want such a fate for herself, since political strife has never touched her. But the vampire community has its own plans.
At this time, Rose successfully passes all the tests, but due to the meeting with Lissa, she loses her points. She has to train more, but one day the girls spend too much time outside of school and meet a strigoi. Having struggled to protect Lissa, Rose almost lost her life. And then she thought — does she need a protector like Rose? ..
Each of the friends has their own problems, but whatever it is, they try to solve them together. There is a psychological connection between the girls — Rose sees all the significant events in her friend’s life and can respond in time to her calls for help. But there are those who think they can do a better job of protecting the Moroika. For example, Dimitri, for whom Rose has mixed feelings…
Actors and their roles
- Vasilisa “Lissa” — left an orphan, having lost her brother, mother and father; replaced a relative in a political post, becoming the successor of the Queen herself; befriends a dhampir; shows sympathy for Christian, whose parents became strigoi of their own free will; experiencing health problems after having an accident with relatives — Daniela Nieves.
- Rosemarie “Rose” — ambitious, tough with enemies and kind with a friend; dislikes talking to men; feels sympathy for Dimitri, but at the beginning of the acquaintance considers him arrogant; only the situation where Dimitri saved her from the strigoi makes her face the truth and admit that for the safety of Lissa, there is no one better than him — Sisi Stringer.
- Christian — an outcast in the society of vampires; he is not invited to balls, parties and other events, because he bears the stigma of his parents who dishonored the honor of vampires; meets Lissa and helps her learn a foreign language in order to pass the initiation; soon the couple falls in love with each other, which becomes a problem for influential vampires — André Dae Kim.
- In 2009, the TV show “The Vampire Diaries” was released, where Julie Plec was already an executive producer, and Marguerite MacIntyre played the role of the mother of one of the main characters. Since then, they have worked together on similar TV series such as “The Originals“, which was an offshoot of “The Vampire Diaries”.
- Peacock was the first to buy the broadcast rights. The TV show is currently translated into 20 languages.
- Previously, an attempt was made to film the first novel by Richelle Mead. It was in 2014 in America. Then Dimitri Belikov was played by the famous Russian actor Danila Kozlovsky. Unfortunately, the film turned out to be a financial failure and the originally planned part 2 was never filmed.
Vampire Academy Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|