Amsterdam. Piet Van der Valk has been with the police for many years, along with his partner Lucienne. The woman is accustomed to a strange companion and does not see anything wrong with the indifferent behavior of a colleague. Such is the character of Piet, who is considered by many to be the best specialist in the whole city. He can catch anyone without much difficulty: be it a serial killer or a mad maniac…
“Van Der Valk ss 3”: release date, announcement
Thanks to high ratings, the detective drama “Van Der Valk” has been extended again. According to official sources, the new episodes will be released on June 18, 2023.
Acquaintance with a unique detective begins with the first crime. An unknown person kills gays, and the motive, at first glance, turns out to be quite banal. The first suspicion falls on politicians who have a special interest in sexual minorities. But it would take too long to prove their guilt alone.
Then Van der Valk, who previously did not want to work in a team, decides to agree to the management’s demand and take someone as his partner. At the same time, fate brings him to a charming girl who works in a gay bar. There is sympathy between them. But is that what Piet himself wanted from a relationship?
Often a colleague Lucienne appears next to Piet. She is entrusted with the most responsible tasks, including the message about the found corpses to the relatives of the dead. This is Van der Valk’s peculiar vision of humor, who believes that Lucienne is better than anyone else is able to convey such news to grieving people. But someone has to do this job!
It would seem that Amsterdam has long been accustomed to various manifestations of love and few people can become a killer of a certain type of men. But Piet manages to solve this riddle. In season 2, the criminal becomes even more elusive. Hiding behind quotes from a famous philosopher, an unknown man kills women. There are no signs of rape – only cut out fragments of skin.
The first victim had one carved cross on her stomach, the second one was found already with two crosses and a warning about an imminent new victim. Barely having time to save the third person, Piet finds serious evidence. All of them prove the connection of the victims with each other, but little reveal the identity of the killer. To understand who is behind the committed atrocities, Piet will have to pretend that he does not understand which side the wind is blowing…
The plot of the season 3, like its predecessors, will be written off from one of the books of the writer Nicolas Freeling. There are 10 books in the series of detective stories about Van der Valk, so there is plenty of room for fantasy. It is not yet known which book will be the mainstay for the adaptation of the authors of the TV series.
Actors and their roles
- Piet Van der Valk — hates people and all human essence; rarely strike up a relationship; refuses girls in meetings and only sometimes finds interesting interlocutors for himself; prefers work to everything else; on good terms only with Lucienne, who has recently been increasingly trying to get into his soul — Marc Warren.
- Lucienne — a lover of tactless questions and caustic remarks; not a single detail regarding Piet’s personal life escapes her, so she often teases him; Van der Valk’s chief assistant and his confidant in any situation; better than others is able to feel other people, but does not like to put it into practice — Maimie McCoy.
- Job — an African American, a fan of Piet, who wants to get into the service of his idol; in the season 1, the dream comes true, but he has to shoot a man, which is why he is summoned to court in the season 2; justification in the face of the authorities does not at all mean justification in the person of Van der Valk, who does not react in any way to the news of Job’s release — Elliot Barnes-Worrell.
- Each season has 3 episodes. Based on the famous TV series about the eminent Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role, the directors found this duration to be the most successful. As it turned out, they were right. The TV show has really achieved great success among lovers of detective stories.
- The long break between the release of the 1st and 2nd seasons is not due to the duration of the work process, but forced breaks due to frequent outbreaks of coronavirus on the set.
- “Love in Amsterdam” is the title of the book by Nicolas Freeling, based on which Season 1 was filmed. It remains to be seen what the next novel will be based on Season 3, but the trailer, which is promised to be released in the spring of 2023, will reveal what the new episodes will be about.
- The first film adaptation of a series of novels about an unorthodox detective appeared more than 50 years ago. Barry Foster played Piet for two decades, from 1972 to 1992. Back then, the filming location always moved, as the director wanted to make the series more spectacular. A total of 32 episodes were released.
Van Der Valk Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||June 18, 2023|
|3x02||Series 2||June 25, 2023|
|3x03||Series 3||July 2, 2023|