After resurrecting the world of post-apocalypse, Vanessa Van Helsing proceeds to exterminate vampires. But is it so easy for her in a new life? It has been 3 years since her death, but many memories are still alive in memory. Vampires have practically taken over the world, but there is still a chance to save humanity and preserve peace on Earth…
When will the sequel to “Van Helsing Season 5” come out?
The sequel to the fantastic show “Van Helsing” is scheduled to air on April 16, 2021. Despite the fact that even after the release of Season 3, the creators thought about closing the project, it was decided to release Season 5, which will be the final one.
The world has split. There are not so many surviving people, since most of the population is now vampires. Humanity is forced to hide, because there is no hope that someday this unequal battle will be over. People are used to losing loved ones and rely only on themselves. But in 2019, everything changed…
3 years after her own death, Vanessa Van Helsing wakes up at a military base guarded by the only survivor – Axel. Moreover, the awakening of the sleeping beauty turns out to be overshadowed by the bite of a certain vampire who had been looking for her for a long time. Having bitten Vanessa, the vampire again becomes a man, and Vanessa herself is somehow cured of the bite.
Axel understands why a few years ago, the Pentagon authorities ordered him to protect this woman. And now, 3 years later, it turns out that Vanessa is able to become the hope of mankind for salvation from vampires. But the woman has other plans – before her own death, she lost her daughter, and now she hopes that the girl is still alive.
Vanessa is a descendant of the legendary Abraham Van Helsing, so she has the strength necessary to fight vampires. At this time, other vampires find out her exact location, but the woman is not going to hide. She is ready to destroy everyone and everyone who wants to stop her from finding a daughter. She still does not know how many disappointments await her.
For the past 4 seasons, Vanessa has to fight evil, protect loved ones and prevent new murders. At the same time, not only vampires, but also people who see her as a threat, often become her enemies. The finale of the season 4 made the audience seriously reflect on the future of their beloved heroine – how safe will it be?..
Actors and their roles
- Vanessa Van Helsing – is a descendant of the vampire fighter Abraham Van Helsing, who had the same abilities as Vanessa; she died after being bitten by a vampire, but her body did not cool, and her wounds healed, and after 3 years the woman regained consciousness; for a long time Vanessa was looking for her daughter, but in the end the situation was resolved in an extraordinary way – Kelly Overton.
- Axel – was put together with other military men to the body of Vanessa to protect her, but after 3 years all the comrades died, Axel was left alone; Initially, he refused to help Vanessa in search of her daughter, but later switched to her side; Axel is kind, but too much likened to the world in which he now lives – Jonathan Scarfe.
- Sam – met Axel after he let them in to his base; Sam is deaf and dumb, tall, making it easy to deal with vampires; For a long time traveling with Vanessa, Axel and other heroes – Christopher Heyerdahl.
- Doc – even before the apocalypse, she told her sister about a corpse that does not stiffen and has no wounds; after this, Axel appeared with his team and ordered them to go with them to a secret place, taking the corpse of Vanessa; six months before the awakening of Van Helsing, Doc was bitten, but then they were able to turn her back from a vampire into a man – Rukiya Bernard.
- Film critics praised the premiere very low, and the subsequent seasons also did not enjoy great success with them. Viewers were more enthusiastic about the series, posting more than 82% of positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. The fate of each next season is a mystery even to the creators, so the project management so late reports on its extension.
- The “Van Helsing” series has been broadcast on Syfy since July 31, 2016. In May 2019, the participation of Tricia Helfer, Nicole Munoz, Keeya King and Richard Harmon in the season 4 was announced.
- Information appeared on the Internet that according to the plot, Rukiya Bernard should be bitten at least three times. The actress herself does not comment on these rumors in any way – she only smiles when she is asked such questions.
- Jonathan Scarfe for a long time did not want to participate in the project, since they planned to take on the role of another character. Jonathan twice sent a refusal to the samples, while clarifying that he would only agree on the role of Axel. As a result, the creators decided that Scarf needed their project, even if he would play a completely different hero.
Van Helsing Season 5: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|5x01||Series 1||April 16, 2021|
|5x02||Series 2||April 23, 2021|
|5x03||Series 3||April 30, 2021|
|5x04||Series 4||May 7, 2021|
|5x05||Series 5||May 14, 2021|
|5x06||Series 6||May 21, 2021|
|5x07||Series 7||May 28, 2021|
|5x08||Series 8||June 4, 2021|
|5x09||Series 9||June 11, 2021|
|5x10||Series 10||June 18, 2021|