The history of the reign of Queen Victoria is still puzzling on the faces of living historians. In order to revive the love of their own country and enlighten the younger generation about historical achievements, in August 2016, the ITV channel presented the historical series “Victoria” to the audience. It is about the time when a young girl ascended the throne and led the country until her death.
When will the series “Victoria Season 4” be released?
The continuation of the TV show “Victoria” will definitely be, the creators assure, but the new season will have to wait. There are many reasons for this: from the material that is being written, to the coronavirus, which also affected the production process. Presumably, the season 4 will be released no earlier than the beginning of 2022.
Not fading interest in the project led to the fact that after season 2 the showrunners of the project did not want to wait a whole year before the release of the new series and in the interval between seasons showed a special issue dedicated to Christmas.
It is worth noting that in December 2018 it became known about the extension of the painting for the season 4.
Before Queen Victoria ascended the throne, she was only a masterful teenager, but an emergency change of power forced her to look at her country from a completely different angle. Since her 18th birthday, when she learned that she was becoming Queen of Great Britain, Victoria has come a long way.
An early marriage, which foreshadowed her to forget about living together with her mother, was a pleasant surprise even for the Queen herself. Initially, Victoria believed that an alliance with a man would not bring her pleasure and satisfaction. But Albert, her husband, was a good man and broke all the stereotypes of a young girl.
In the life of the great ruler there were problems that ordinary women face – taming their own obstinacy, raising children, combining household and work duties. Much attention in the series is given to the spheres of power, which at that time were concentrated in Buckingham Palace, European royal houses, Westminster.
Most of the people related to Victoria thought that they needed to “snatch” their piece while the Queen was merciful to them. With each new season, Victoria is growing up, getting older, wiser, less likely to give in to bursts of emotion. Its territory of government is expanding, children are born from Albert, with gossip and conspiracy.
Opponents do not shy away from any methods, up to the order of a murderer, capable of eliminating Victoria. But not in vain in the future, the queen received the title of “grandmother of Europe”. Its strength and power did not imply a framework, and the UK was able to stabilize its economy and instill a new ideology in its citizens.
In season 4, the royal house will face numerous scandals that will unfold through the fault of Victoria herself; even Albert will not understand the arrogance of his own wife. Perhaps Victoria has her own reason for this behavior?
Actors and their roles
- Victoria – the queen of Great Britain, capricious, headstrong, not in the best relations with her mother, married to evict the mother from her estate, was eventually fascinated by her husband, has 8 children – Jenna Coleman.
- Prince Albert – Queen Victoria’s beloved, her husband, the father of her children – Tom Hughes.
- Lord Melbourne – at first an adviser and friend of Victoria, the lord, a worthy man who always has his own opinion, after Albert’s arrival, retired from the Queen to the third plan – Rufus Sewell.
- Duke of Wellington – commander of the British troops, fought in the battle against Napoleon’s army – Peter Bowles.
- Baroness Lehzen – a governess who has a great influence on the Queen, and later relations with her went wrong, because Albert had previously revealed unclean servant intentions – Daniela Holtz.
- The series was directed by Geoffrey Sax, who had previously helped develop the projects: “The Suspicions of Mr Whicher: The Ties That Bind”, “Urban Legend”, “Snatch” and etc.
- There are a lot of moments in the series when the viewer blindly believes what is happening. This is not worth doing. Remember: the series is just an artistic fiction of the creators, still none of the living people will ever know how the life of Queen Victoria has actually developed. The same goes for her favorites.
- The series “Victoria” is often compared with a similar project “The Tudors”. But, if in the picture “Victoria” it is about the obstinate sovereign, who wants to show others her temper, then in “The Tudors” the narration focuses on the obstinate King, who wants to find her own condemned under each skirt, but in the end is not achieving certain success.
- According to historians, Prince Albert was not made in the series as diligently as he is described in the books. In fact, the man was much kinder, softer, and only occasionally could scold his wife – this was the case with the governess, with whom Victoria flatly refused to part.
- Jenna Coleman is a very beautiful actress, showing her character from the most pleasant side. In fact, Victoria did not have such qualities, and her images were just pictures. After all, the queen herself did not want to see her disfigured appearance hanging in her castle in a prominent place.
Victoria Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||early 2022|
|4x02||Series 2||early 2022|
|4x03||Series 3||early 2022|
|4x04||Series 4||early 2022|
|4x05||Series 5||early 2022|
|4x06||Series 6||early 2022|
|4x07||Series 7||early 2022|
|4x08||Series 8||early 2022|