Vinland Saga is a historical saga based on the manga of the same name. The spectator involuntarily plunges into the whirlpool of events, filled with bloodthirstiness, revenge and struggle for power…
Genre – historical fiction, adventure.
Number of episodes – 24.
The premiere of the season 1 of anime took place on July 7, 2019.
When will the sequel to the anime “Vinland Saga 2 Season” be released?
A demonstration of the new series of the anime “Vinland Saga” is scheduled for the end of 2020. According to the director of the series Shuhei Yabuta, the closure of such a successful project after the release of one season can be called a crime. These words could not but rejoice the multimillion fans of the saga.
England, since 1013 AD.
Danish King Sweyn Forkbeard is not far from death. One of the sons, Harald or Canute, will become his heir. As history shows, it is the struggle for the crown that causes a surge of events full of hostilities, betrayal and cunning plans…
Despite the small number of warriors in his unit, Askeladd fights quite well with opponents. Among his Vikings is young, but strong and promising Thorfinn. Askeladd has a special relationship with this youngster. Many years ago, Askeladd was assigned the task of killing Thorfinn’s father, and now the guy is trying his best to get revenge on the squad leader. But it must be a fair fight.
Thorfinn once managed to get into the team of his father’s killer. Now the guy is doing an excellent job with all the tasks that the commander gives him. The reward for the execution of orders – duels in which he loses again and again. The wrath and strength of a warrior grows with every fight. Here are just Askeladd, the owner of a unique thinking, skillfully manipulates the fury of a youth and the desire to destroy the murderer. Thorfinn becomes a great mercenary who has long been unable to avenge his father.
At this time, the fate of the ruler of Denmark is decided. Sweyn Forkbeard will soon leave the throne, and his youngest son Canute is doing everything to take this place. Canute, being under the constant care of his retainer Ragnar, does not decide on a single independent step. And only after Askeladd kills Ragnar, the young prince, finding confidence, strength and power, gradually becomes a real man and an excellent ruler…
And this is only the beginning of a great story. The struggle for power, betrayal, battles, victories and failures – the main characters will have a long road. The main thing is not to lose yourself. And if you take the honor business – bring it to the end…
Anime main characters
- Thorfinn – a teenage warrior in the team of Askeladd; Thors’s son; Thorfinn’s father was killed by Askeladd, which is why the young man went to his squad – to get closer to him and to take the opportunity to take revenge; Thorfinn is a great warrior, but not experienced enough to win in duels with a stronger opponent.
- Askeladd – the commander-in-chief of the Viking detachment; a long time ago Askeladd was assigned to kill Thors, the father of Thorfinn; taking to the ranks of the soldiers of the young fighter, Askeladd manipulated the guy’s desire for revenge, thus the gifted and strong fighter fought on the side of Askeladd, performing all of his difficult tasks; all the victories of his people are solely the merit of Askeladd’s subtle intellect, for he perfectly sees the battle, the capabilities of the enemy, analyzes and predicts his further actions; Askeladd decided to support Prince Canute in obtaining royal power, killing King Sweyn, Canute becomes the Danish King.
- Thors – the father of Thorfinn, the greatest fighter who wanted to retire from the war after the birth of children; once he set up his death in order to become a farmer, in the end everything is recognized and he is forced to return to the warpath; but the torso does not have time to fight again with people – a comrade betrays him, hiring Askeladda for the murder.
- Canute – Prince of Denmark, later – the King; the younger son of Danish King Sweyn Forkbeard; Initially he was a timid and timid young man with female features, but after his release from the care of Ragnar, he became a brave and courageous Danish ruler.
- The manga was first published in the Shōnen youth magazine since April 2005. Then, from December of the same year to the present day, it was printed in the Afternoon manga magazine, where the audience was more adult readers.
- The plot is based on historical events, which are described in “The Saga of the Greenlanders”, “The Saga of Eric the Red” and in the Icelandic manuscript “Flateyjarbok”.
- The image of the character Askeladd borrowed from the main character of the Norwegian folk tales Askeladden. This boy, thanks to his quick wits, wins where others fail. Canute’s character is written off from the historic King Canute the Great, the most prominent Danish ruler of England.
- Amazon will broadcast the series around the world on its Prime Video service.
Vinland Saga Season 2 release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||the end of 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||the end of 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||the end of 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||the end of 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||the end of 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||the end of 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||the end of 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||the end of 2020|
|2x09||Series 9||the end of 2020|
|2x10||Series 10||the end of 2020|