Melinda Monroe is a disenchanted nurse. She decided to move to a small town to become the assistant to the only doctor in the area. He’s used to everyone calling him Doc Mullins. But there are few of those left who can still communicate with him – the years have made him harmful, and patients visit the clinic only when necessary. How will Melinda endure a job with such an old curmudgeon?
“Virgin River ss 4”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the TV series “Virgin River” is officially announced. New episodes will premiere on July 20, 2022!
The romantic story turned into a complete showdown and part of the audience stopped watching it. Let’s see what season 4 surprises us with!
Mel was happy. She was married to the man she had dreamed of all her life. The relationship developed rapidly, and soon they decided to have a child. But a great misfortune awaited their personal life – the husband passed away, and all Melinda’s hopes for a wonderful future were gone with him. Unable to come to her senses, she sells joint things, including a common house.
Hoping to forget herself in a new place, she chooses the small town of Virgin River, rents a house on the Internet for a year and sets off to meet new sensations. On the way, her car breaks down, and a faceless old man helps to get to the city. After chatting with him, she confesses that she is going to help the old doctor, who is no longer doing his job.
Unfortunately for her, this old man is the same Doc Mullins. Leaving the girl near her new home, he leaves. Mel understands that she will have to apologize to him on the first day of work. But so far, there are more serious problems: the house chosen through social networks does not look like the one in the photographs. But there is nowhere to go, all that remains is to accept. She decides to appease her grief in a nearby pub.
There she meets the owner of the establishment, Jack Sheridan. Having spotted each other immediately, Mel and Jack start chatting. The man even makes attempts to flirt, and the woman does not mind at all. Escorting Mel home, Jack notices a ring on her finger and leaves. He does not know that going to bed alone, Melinda is drowning in tears for her dead husband.
At this time, Doc Mullins openly dislikes the imposed assistant, tries in every possible way to get into her affairs and does not accept the new rules of work. No matter how professional Mel shows, the boss is not happy with everything. Only his wife can influence him, and soon Mullins gives up – the relationship with Mel begins to slowly improve.
A bond develops between Mel and Jack, but since she has not yet fully figured out herself, it turns out to be difficult for her to start a new relationship. The situation is also darkened by Jack’s longtime friend, who recently returned and steals money from the bar. How will the story of two lovers end? Do they have a chance to stay together, and if so, at what cost?
Actors and their roles
- Melinda – acquaintances call her Mel; cannot survive the loss of her husband; moved to another city to change the environment; met the owner of the bar and builds a relationship with him; works in a medical center; helps residents of the city free of charge; keeps in touch with her sister – Alexandra Breckenridge.
- Jack – works in a bar near the mayor’s house, which is leased to Melinda; served in Afghanistan for decades, from where he returned with comrades, the closest of whom is the Preacher, who works in the kitchen of his bar; covers his brother’s dirty deeds, but realizes that this can no longer continue – Martin Henderson.
- Hope – the mayor of the city; Doc’s wife and close associate; rented out a house for the newly arrived Mel; persuades her husband to take her as an assistant, at first unsuccessfully, as a result, Doc has to give up and leave the girl to work, since family circumstances force him to do it – Annette O’Toole.
- Annette O’Toole has had many bright roles in her career, but most of all she was remembered by the audience as Martha Kent from the TV show “Smallville”. For a dozen years playing Superman’s adoptive mother, it’s hard to get out of character later. But the many pictures taken after the successful project proved Annette’s professionalism and her ability to transform into any character.
- 10 producers worked on the TV series, whose responsibilities also included recruiting. Tim Matheson, who arrived for the shooting, at first only wanted to take the director’s chair, and when the casting for the role of Doc was announced, he also decided to offer his candidacy. The producers soon approved it.
- Many fans of the TV show were so impressed with the romantic story that they wanted to see with their own eyes the city of Virgin River, where the main action takes place. However, this small settlement, where kind and close-knit people live, is fictional. The TV series was filmed in Vancouver, Canada.
Virgin River Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||July 20, 2022|
|4x02||Series 2||July 20, 2022|
|4x03||Series 3||July 20, 2022|
|4x04||Series 4||July 20, 2022|
|4x05||Series 5||July 20, 2022|
|4x06||Series 6||July 20, 2022|
|4x07||Series 7||July 20, 2022|
|4x08||Series 8||July 20, 2022|
|4x09||Series 9||July 20, 2022|
|4x10||Series 10||July 20, 2022|