While investigating a string of illegal detentions, a Justice Department attorney contacts the sergeant in charge of the munitions tracking squad. So many complaints have been filed against him that the authorities can no longer respond to it calmly. But Wayne Jenkins does not see his guilt — he is sure that all his actions have a legal basis…
“We Own This City ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the crime drama “We Own This City” has not been officially announced and most likely will not happen. The project is announced as a mini-series based on the book of the same name by investigative journalist Justin Fenton. The writer knew firsthand about the team of unscrupulous law enforcement officers operating in his native Baltimore.
Every morning, Wayne Jenkins begins with instructions he gives to his squad. He teaches them to fulfill their duty with dignity, to face danger boldly and not to be afraid to beat a suspect who decided to start a fight with law enforcement officers. According to Wayne, if he got into a fight, then the circumstances developed. And here he no longer has the right to lose.
Everything got to the point that civilians began to film the unlawful actions of local patrols on their phones. With these videos, they turned to higher authorities until the truth-teller Nicole Steele appeared, who needed to figure everything out. She met with both the mayor and the district judge — both pointed to Daniel Hersl, who works with the main character.
The man was known for his arrogance. Any disobedience was punishable by cruelty or arrest. Daniel could easily scatter the documents of the car being checked on the sidewalk to see how the driver would react, pick them up or make a remark. Colleagues did not support the man and believed that he was using his official position too much.
Having learned about such a disgrace, Nicole considered it necessary to intervene in his affairs. And she began with a conversation with the captain of the department. He was well aware that his subordinates did not always follow the established rules. Only in his staff there were 24 persons who had previously been seen in perjury and lost the right to testify.
But they had to do something, especially not so long ago one of the employees died, and the investigators still cannot find the culprit. Jenkins was the first to get hit — he was arrested and put in an interrogation room. Many said that his subordinates often planted illegal substances in other people’s living quarters, but he denied this.
Hersl didn’t go unnoticed either. The incident, in which Daniel almost broke another detainee’s hand, turned out to be decisive for him. Instead of calling a squad on Daniel’s orders, his comrades called an ambulance. But this is only the beginning. And then the audience is waiting for an amazing turn of events, in which the Baltimore police will play a crucial role…
Actors and their roles
- Wayne Jenkins — leads a unit that successfully eliminates gangster ammo rooms; there are also failed operations, but he loves his work; he is cruel, because he is used to bad treatment from criminals; when he himself is detained, he does not understand why they did this to him — Jon Bernthal.
- Nicole Steele — upon arrival in Baltimore, she saw with her own eyes how two policemen tried to tie up a black man, but under pressure from nearby people with phones, they let him go and drove away; investigates illegal practices of Jenkins; endowed with high powers — Wunmi Mosaku.
- Daniel Hersl — works with Wayne; under the pretext of searching a car, stops black people and disrespectfully conducts a search; perceives any bad words sharply; often resolves issues by taking out weapons; does not hesitate to even humiliate a father in front of a child — Josh Charles.
- In September 2021, a worker who was diagnosed with coronavirus was found in the film crew. Filming was suspended for a week, and after successful tests resumed again.
- Jon Bernthal is better known as Frank Castle from the TV show “The Punisher“, who starred in a series of films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. According to the plot, his hero is a former military man, whose family was slaughtered by his best friend. After that, he took on the pseudonym of the Punisher and found everyone who was in any way involved in the murder of his family. Also one of his popular roles is the character Shane Walsh from “The Walking Dead“. This TV series ran for 11 seasons, however Shane Walsh’s character was killed off in season 2.
- Wunmi Mosaku has been seen in popular films more than once. “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”, “Philomena”, “The End Of The F***ing World“, a small role in the TV series “Loki“, also “Dancing on the Edge”, “Fearless” and ” Black Mirror” became the most notable projects with her participation.
We Own This City Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|