And once again, the Marvel Cinematic Universe surprises with the variety of options that could happen to superhumans if the only step in their life was taken in the wrong direction. What role will altered realities play in the main plot? When will audiences be able to see the changing “ifs” in feature films first hand, and where will that lead?
“What If…? ss 3”: release date, announcement
The amazing story called “What If…?” will continue, which was announced in July 2022, even before the premiere of season 3. The exact release date is still unknown, but unofficial sources claim that new episodes will be released closer to the beginning of 2024 .
Already released films “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” and “Spider-Man: No Way Home” clearly showed how one person can change under the influence of different situations. It remains only to wait for new stories!
Oh, this fighting Peggy Carter! She managed to replace Steve Rogers at the most crucial moment when he was injected with serum! But in the original film, the woman left. In the animated series, she did not want to say goodbye to her lover. As a token of support, she was in the right place at the right time and… she became Captain America herself!
This led to many consequences. For example, now Steve needed protection, because he did not have the qualities that viewers of the movie “Captain America: The First Avenger” had heard about. Peggy replaced the usual Steve and almost destroyed Red Skull. But in the age of technology, no one should rely only on their own strength.
Soon, only Rogers could match her combat power, for whom Howard Stark created a robotic suit. In the final fight with the Red Skull, poor Peggy was forced to not only protect herself, but also Steve, whose costume quickly fell into disrepair. And although in the end the victory was for Captain America, but Peggy lost too much…
Another story told about the passionate desires of Doctor Strange, which drove him to madness. Trying to save his beloved from death, he went the wrong way. Yes, it helped him become stronger, but he failed to return his beloved woman.
What about Star-Lord? After all, no one knew that the real child of Ego was called Peter Quill. Instead of him working as a janitor in a dubious place, the Ravagers stole T’Challa, known as the Black Panther in the original films. There has been a lot of noise in Wakanda as there is now no one to occupy the rightful throne.
Natasha Romanoff and her longtime friend Hawkeye pursue their own interests. Their paths also took a different path — both had to fight harder than before, in order to even have a chance at life in the shadows. And what will please us with the season 3? What stories will be entertaining and revealed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films? We’ll find out very soon!
Main characters and voice actors
- Steve Rogers — Peggy’s object of desire; remained weak and helpless, but through Howard’s efforts he was able to get a powerful suit that gave Peggy the opportunity to get closer to the enemy; strong in spirit and never lose heart; waiting to dance with her lover who went to Tesseract to protect him — Josh Keaton.
- Bucky Barnes — Steve’s best friend; worries about his absence; close to Peggy; a good fighter and an invaluable soldier on the front line — Sebastian Stan.
- Peggy — was able to win over men when she mastered superpowers; forced them to promote herself because she considered it appropriate; she responsibly approached all tasks, including the promise to Steve, in which she announced that she would dance with him — Hayley Atwell.
- Red skull — for a long time hiding behind an ordinary person and was discovered by Peggy; held a leadership position with the Nazis and pushed people to war; was killed by a monster that he released for his own benefit — Ross Marquand.
- Uatu — the voice-over creature that is the beginning and end of each episode, telling what the story is about and what happens if… — Jeffrey Wright.
- The season 2 included all the stories that will be associated with feature films released from 2021 to 2023.
- In the ranking of characters that fans want to see in the new series of “What If…?”, Daredevil is in the lead, followed by the Scarlet Witch and in place 3 is Iron Man. And although the plot with him has already been shown, fans to this day cannot forgive the writers for his death, which occurred in the movie “Avengers: Endgame“.
- Most of the actors agreed to re-voice their characters, such as Chris Hemsworth, who returned to the role of Thor. Chris Evans, the first avenger and the main face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was not invited to audition. It is known that even before the release of the film “Avengers: Infinity War” Evans announced his desire to stop working with the film company.
- At the moment, it is planned to release 3 seasons. But how circumstances will develop after 2024, only time will tell. In the same year, a new animated series “Marvel Zombies” is planned to be released, which can take a leading place in terms of views.
What If...? Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||early 2024|
|3x02||Series 2||early 2024|
|3x03||Series 3||early 2024|
|3x04||Series 4||early 2024|
|3x05||Series 5||early 2024|
|3x06||Series 6||early 2024|
|3x07||Series 7||early 2024|
|3x08||Series 8||early 2024|
|3x09||Series 9||early 2024|