When They See Us Season 2
Originally series was called “Central Park Five”.
80s, the rise of crime in Harlem exceeds reasonable limits. At this time, African-American teens hang out in the Central Park – this is a great place to relax with friends, dates with loved ones, as well as sports. But sometimes American justice sees criminal motives in the eyes of these teenagers and does not allow them to live in peace.
When will the series “When They See Us season 2” come out?
Continuation of the dramatic tape “When they see us” is not announced, but there is a chance to see the next season in May 2020.
The story was built on real events that took place in 1989. A woman was jogging in the park, and a killer spotted her. The teenagers were accused of the crime: a Hispanic and four African Americans. The case received a huge scale, but the following year the defendants were acquitted, although the people continued to harass adolescents. Only in 2002 were the children able to drop all the charges and pay them $ 40 million in compensation.
Local youth are constantly coming off in the Central Park. But the death of a girl who made another run in these neighborhoods, was a real shock and a terrible blow to several families at once. Ordinary teenage children were the main suspects, caught in the sight of the police. Litigation lied, people raged, and against the background of these events, real dramas unfolded.
During these years, people attached great importance to such a concept as racism. Naturally, the white-skinned population did not doubt that the guys were really guilty. This was the main reason for the rallies, demonstrations against the five suspects and the endless harassment that struck the head of the families in which these guys were brought up.
Nothing could put a mob of angry Americans into place. People were convinced that the rape and murder of the girl was the fault of these young people. Only the guys knew that they had never touched the victim and could hardly even see her in the eyes. But who will prove it to ordinary people? It took more than 10 years to figure out this situation, find the guilty and remove all suspicions from teenagers who have become real men during this time.
But who will now reimburse them for the spent youth? How will their story end? Will they be left alone after they find the real culprit? Answers to these questions will be given at the end of season 1. In season 2, it will be possible to tell the life of five guys already outside the prison, because it is not known how their life developed after ten years of constant tyranny. Will the director want to show it to the viewer?..
Actors and their roles
- Antron McCray — Caleel Harris played him in his youth, and in his adult life – Jovan Adepo;
- Kevin Richardson – in his youth – Asante Blackk, in adulthood – Justin Cunningham;
- Yusef Salaam – in his youth Ethan Herisse, in adult life Chris Chalk;
- Raymond Santana – in his youth Marquis Rodriguez, in adulthood Freddy Miyares;
- Harmon – a police officer investigating the murder of a girl from the Central Park – Reginald L. Barnes.
- The filming process was concentrated in Harlem. The beginning of the shooting was originally scheduled for early summer. But since most of the cast was at that time busy, the process had to be postponed to the end of August.
- Scenes of murder and walks of teenagers were filmed in the New York Central Park, where tragedy occurred in real life.
- The director, screenwriter and producer of the film became Ava DuVernay, known in real life as an ardent fighter for the rights of black people. A woman can often be seen as one of the demonstrators against racism. Ava often donates money to charity, but on the set does not spare anyone – the actors simply fear her anger and try to work hard.
- Another producer of the picture was Robert De Niro, who has been working “on the other side” of the screen for several years now. He had already worked with Ava DuVernay before, so it was easy for them to once again plunge into a familiar atmosphere and continue their professional journey together. Ava loves Robert’s work methods and is pleased to invite him into his projects.
- Kris Bowers became a series composer. Together with this work, he combined another one – the guy wrote the music for the film “Green Book”, which in 2019 won the most honorable prize in the film industry – the Oscar in the category “Best Picture”. Kris is only 30 years old, and he was already able to achieve such heights, while without assistance!
- The script was repeatedly postponed until better times. But in the end, DuVernay was able to achieve the favor of the Netflix leadership, who decided to help a woman launch her project and bring it to life.
- The premiere of the season 1 took place on May 31, 2019 and immediately became public – by the beginning of June 2019 the series was translated into 24 languages.
When They See Us Season 2 release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||May 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||May 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||May 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||May 2020|